• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wrnyhuise

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    SW Indianapolis
    I agree working for something makes it far sweeter than the give me now mentality. I think my direction in all this comes from this. As much as i respect law enforcement i understand they cannot be everywhere and not only are crime rates rising which is a given in bad economies anyway. They also face budget cuts and such that makes enforcement even harder. I can say i know the areas they plan to focus on with this program in INdy and 1 of two things wills happen. 1. good people will get the guns and defend their neighborhood and hopefully lower the crime. or 2. the wrong peopel will get them and the current crime will get worse and they will eventually kill each other off lower the crime rate over time as well. yes number 2 is a dark kinda cynical view i know. But in these neighborhoods it is black on black crime that has been going on and getting worse for years. I'm sorry but to some degree i say hell let them kill each other. less of a burden to others. The news doesn't report about it in Chicago or Detroit so it must be ok to the public right? lol

PapaScout

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 30, 2008
    Live in Wilbur, Work in Indy
    I've never been in the target demographic for this outreach program. I grew up safe and protected with enough to eat and a father who had firearms. We lived on the edge of a small town and the first time I even saw an inner city was when I was 14 - and that was getting to a Cub's game in Chicago so life was pretty rough, right?

I wish everyone had as cheery an upbringing as I did and never had to decide if their last $5 should go to alcohol or food, but I can't get behind giving away firearms to fix urban crime. Education, opportunity, and city renovation projects are a more expensive and worthwhile effort.

wrnyhuise

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    SW Indianapolis
    I've never been in the target demographic for this outreach program. I grew up safe and protected with enough to eat and a father who had firearms. We lived on the edge of a small town and the first time I even saw an inner city was when I was 14 - and that was getting to a Cub's game in Chicago so life was pretty rough, right?

I wish everyone had as cheery an upbringing as I did and never had to decide if their last $5 should go to alcohol or food, but I can't get behind giving away firearms to fix urban crime. Education, opportunity, and city renovation projects are a more expensive and worthwhile effort.
    I agree completely withyou on there being far smarter programs that would by far to much better. However these areas are IPS schools and suck worse than anything i have ever seen. These areas also are focused on by area leaders to stay hooked on gov programs to make sure they never lift a finger to fix a thing. They do nothing but perpetuate the cycle. Sadly there are no government programs that are even coming close to helping.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I agree working for something makes it far sweeter than the give me now mentality. I think my direction in all this comes from this. As much as i respect law enforcement i understand they cannot be everywhere and not only are crime rates rising which is a given in bad economies anyway. They also face budget cuts and such that makes enforcement even harder. I can say i know the areas they plan to focus on with this program in INdy and 1 of two things wills happen. 1. good people will get the guns and defend their neighborhood and hopefully lower the crime. or 2. the wrong peopel will get them and the current crime will get worse and they will eventually kill each other off lower the crime rate over time as well. yes number 2 is a dark kinda cynical view i know. But in these neighborhoods it is black on black crime that has been going on and getting worse for years. I'm sorry but to some degree i say hell let them kill each other. less of a burden to others. The news doesn't report about it in Chicago or Detroit so it must be ok to the public right? lol

Yeah, some do agree with the let "them" kill each other, but that is not my take. We are all the same and by attempting to solve the problem for one group in a different fashion as another, always yield a bad result. Regardless of race, culture, economic status, etc., the solution is work. If we stress the importance of hard work and make it a necessity, we would see a change.

I wouldn't hold my breath thinking the communities will rise up against crime after they receive the shotguns. I resist the notion of allowing a firearm to generate the necessary level of bravery needed to go against the criminal element. When a firearm is NEEDED to generate courage, bad decisions are made.

We shall see what happens with this program.

Top Bottom