• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Opinions can definitely vary on this, but I think the Republicans are royally messing this up. It seems clear that some Infrastructure bill was always going to pass with Democrats in charge. That was decided when Republicans let Georgia get away.

What is (or I should say, "was") up in the air, was do we get trillions of welfare state with it? Because the Dems will have to pass Infrastructure with all Democrat votes, not only do we likely get a fatter Infrastructure bill, but we also keep 2 Trillion of Lyndon Johnson alive and on the table, due to the need to keep Leftwingers onboard for Infrastructure.

Is the Republican position they don't want an Infrastructure bill, or just don't want it passed by Democrats? Seems a block of them could have broken off and supported an Infrastructure bill and killed Lyndon Johnson 2.0 in the process. A calculated chess move and yes, it's more spending. But it's going to happen most likely anyway, and now we're going to get something far worse with it.

Of course, the Republican strategy is probably if LBJ 2.0 passes, they can use it as an issue to run against to get back in the majority. Never forget "Job One" for any Congressman.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    OK, 9 minutes, but I'll bomb this.

Our economy is utterly f***** and has been since the early 80's when we "made nice with China" and our political and large corporation overlords decided they could ship the jobs which fueled the cities to China. Sorry, but when McDonnell Douglas agreed to put a plant in China, and Allison's and GE decided they could out source turbine engine parts to China; and the US government not only permitted but even encouraged it, we as a Constitutional Republic were DONE! At that point those who we elected had ALREADY sold us out!

Forget the economic numbers and the announcements of impending doom. If there is to be a USA 2.0, then I will take depression over hyperinflation. No more debt, live within our means. Can't tax American citizens enough, gather your funds the old fashion way, tariffs. Can't get cheap s***? Deal with it.

Whatever the future holds, it is almost certainly going to be an utter s*** show. Personally I would prefer that whoever is left in Congress that actually believes in the Constitution and this Nation's ideals grow a pair, put a stake in the ground, and simply state "not on my watch, not one more dime, not one more program".

/Rant

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    OK, 9 minutes, but I'll bomb this.

Our economy is utterly f***** and has been since the early 80's when we "made nice with China" and our political and large corporation overlords decided they could ship the jobs which fueled the cities to China. Sorry, but when McDonnell Douglas agreed to put a plant in China, and Allison's and GE decided they could out source turbine engine parts to China; and the US government not only permitted but even encouraged it, we as a Constitutional Republic were DONE! At that point those who we elected had ALREADY sold us out!

Forget the economic numbers and the announcements of impending doom. If there is to be a USA 2.0, then I will take depression over hyperinflation. No more debt, live within our means. Can't tax American citizens enough, gather your funds the old fashion way, tariffs. Can't get cheap s***? Deal with it.

Whatever the future holds, it is almost certainly going to be an utter s*** show. Personally I would prefer that whoever is left in Congress that actually believes in the Constitution and this Nation's ideals grow a pair, put a stake in the ground, and simply state "not on my watch, not one more dime, not one more program".

/Rant
    Remember when Ross Perot got basically shouted down over his prediction of the "Giant Sucking Sound?"

He said it, right at a time when the Elites were most in danger of not getting what they wanted.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Peppermint Patty said that Joe wants to 'restructure our economy' at the White House briefing this week. That means change and 'tanking it' would be change. What can I say but 'Joe for the win!'...

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I know Ingo dislikes “handouts” and definitely hates “government spending” of any kind but I got a couple cold hard facts I want to inject into this convo.

GDP is predicted to go up roughly 6.7% yoy for 2021. Government spending is up yoy roughly 6.2%. Imports are deducted from GDP and we have at least 100 cargo ships waiting to unload and growing. End of year will probably be over 300 at least. That’s 300 ships and worth of goods that won’t be deducted from GDP.

That hard math means one thing, if the government stops its rabid spending spree right now we go into a depression. Banks and the rich hoard their cash causing the markets to collapse and middle America loses their homes and jobs.

of course no one on TV or in the government is gonna explain it this way because this explanation is scary and will spook people.

you heard it here first, align your money accordingly.
    This doesn't really ring the bell for me. Using the EverGiven as an exemplar, it's cargo was worth $1billion, and it was the largest type of container ship extant

So even with 300 ships anchored of California ports (your number), that's at most $300 billion 'not deducted from GDP'

US GDP for 2020 (last hard number available) was $20.94 trillion. Allowing that your cited forecast for US GDP growth is accurate (and I believe it has already been reduced, at least by Goldman) then 2021 GDP would be $22.34 trillion

That $300 billion in stranded cargo/GDP reductions would represent just 1.343% of estimated GDP and it is difficult to believe that such a small fluctuation would have the effect you predict

My rationale is that Goldman cut its GDP forecast for 2021 from that 6.7% you cited to 5.6% - 82% of the change you believe will tank the economy - and the markets hardly batted an eye

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    ....Aaand the effects of the VA Gov election are now baked-in. With the progressive link between infrastructure and Free :poop: officially broken, not only are moderate Democrats wanting the Free Sht Bill to be CBO-scored...the CBO is saying it will take time so score so much, well, :poop::

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...-to-democrats-timing/ar-AAQvkwP?ocid=msedgntp

Each week takes this thing closer and closer to the Mid-term Year.

Heh.

Top Bottom