• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChrisBarnes

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Greenfield/Cumberland area
    I have over 20 cases of Peptamen 1.5 they have a 1 year shelf life and I need to get rid of them. I have Pancreatic issues and have had a feeding tube installed now for 2 years. I am being placed on a new pump and feeding formula. BUT this is a great opportunity for fellow INGO member if you wish to add a few of these to your shelf. Drop me a e-mail on here if you are interested and I will get back to you. Thanks again and Take Care!!!

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    I have over 20 cases of Peptamen 1.5 they have a 1 year shelf life and I need to get rid of them. I have Pancreatic issues and have had a feeding tube installed now for 2 years. I am being placed on a new pump and feeding formula. BUT this is a great opportunity for fellow INGO member if you wish to add a few of these to your shelf. Drop me a e-mail on here if you are interested and I will get back to you. Thanks again and Take Care!!!

Sorry to hear of your issues.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    Too bad its not Peptamin Jr., our son is on that.

You mentioned that you are on a pump, so I assume you are hooked up on a regular basis and not just doing bolus feeds. If so, you should look into the AMT clamps. You can combine them with a diaper pin and attach it to your clothing to prevent your tube from getting yanked. That is the only way we have managed to have a 3 year old on a tube since 4mo old not yank his out running around. His is a J-tube, so if it gets yanked out, we can't just put a new one in, it turns into an urgent trip to Riley. Of course, that is much less of a concern for an adult, so maybe you haven't had any issues.

You might also look into selling the Peptamin on Ebay. I don't know about the adult version, but the junior version is insanely expensive.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    Oh, I also meant to ask... what is your new pump? We just got switched from an Infinity to a Kangaroo... the Kangaroos suck (at least for portability). At least our son is 3 and doesn't wear his 24/7 anymore. I can't imagine someone with a toddler on a constant drop trying to lug around one of those friggin cinder blocks. The Infinity pump was smaller than my first cell phone.

ChrisBarnes

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Yes I just got switched to a Kangaroo the pump is like what I have in the hospital so that is good. I am on my pump for about 8 hours a day so that is not that bad. I have only pulled the line out once and that was the last time I did that. I can just tape it down and have since had no issues. Yes Mine is a J-tube as well. I have to goto IU Hospital down town for my replacements so it is not fun. Last but not least the new pump is a TON to lug around...lol

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    Yes I just got switched to a Kangaroo the pump is like what I have in the hospital so that is good. I am on my pump for about 8 hours a day so that is not that bad. I have only pulled the line out once and that was the last time I did that. I can just tape it down and have since had no issues. Yes Mine is a J-tube as well. I have to goto IU Hospital down town for my replacements so it is not fun. Last but not least the new pump is a TON to lug around...lol

Our son has a G-J tube with a Mic-Key style button... so when it gets yanked out, its pretty terrible because it pulls a 2" balloon through the stoma. He is severely allergic to medical tape, so we can't just tape it down somewhere. The clamp and diaper pin was a good solution.

Can you imagine a 1 year old trying to lug that pump around? Luckily he is 3 now and only is hooked up at night now, otherwise we would be screaming bloody murder over the change.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    If you're interested in giving it away, there are a number of home health agencies who have struggling clientele, that could benefit from such a donation.

A case manager would love to be a good guy and give it away to those that need it.

ChrisBarnes

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Yeah I understand about the balloon. Mine is a 7ml filled balloon. And I could not imagine a child trying to carry that big back pack around. Now as far as home health people I have called several and no one will accept it. Something about regulations, but if you know of anyone please let me know.

Top Bottom