Free training from INGO training companies?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Are you trying to knock NRA and basic skills instructors and also those who seek them out as somehow being less worthy with the "If your only goal is to "get some training" remark?

not trying to do anything, read what I said. If you are new to training then they are what you need.

See the problem I have with some of the upper tier trainers and a number of the type of people that do train at that level seem to have an elitist condescending attitude.

No elitist here, I'm a fat I.T. guy who shoots for fun and gets a class here and there when I can afford it. I've never trained with "upper tier" trainers, even though I know who some of them are.

Is there a single person in this thread who's trained with Frank who DISAGREES with his statements with those who haven't trained with him?

You of all people should be able to recognize that from your recent experience dealing with Yeager concerning the Pincus/Yeager youtube thread.

apples and oranges

I do not agree with his stance on Open Carry. That has nothing to do with how he runs his business. As much as it ticked me off, I'll wipe the sand out of my vag and still probably take a class with him down the road if I feel there is something he has to offer that I need in my tool bag.

The way you put it, I should stop working out and eating right because he motivated me by his weight loss and muscle gain.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Maybe off topic, but in the end I hope we are all friends on this forum that share a common interest.

I spent the day today with "Cedartop" in a Suarez International Combat Rifle Marksmanship course. I left plenty of sweat and tears on the field and luckily no blood.

Right now, I am icing my sore knees and took a couple of extra Aleve pills for my aching back. I am sitting here savoring the experience.

If any of you want to work with a great firearms instructor, consider this my endorsement of Michael Swisher. There is not a firearms trainer, whether they are PERCEIVED as basic or advanced, that does not fine tune their course of instruction to the needs of the student.

And I have worked with lots of trainers...Never met a bad one in 30 years...They are all some of the most giving people on the planet.

This bickering about trying to arrange training for folks who say they cannot afford it has grown tiresome. I urge those of you have no training experience, to get some. From the many sources available on INGO and elsewhere. If you can't afford it, really can't afford it, there might be somebody that will take pity on you.

The thing is, it is honorable for the trainer to offer free or reduced cost services. It is not honorable to demand or expect it. That is my opinion.

Jump into the firearms training water then come back and tell us how warm it was..

Regards to all....

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Brandonki
    Top Bottom