French Lick Scenic Railway Concealed Carry?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tater36

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2014
    Greenwood
    I am taking my kids to ride the Thomas the Train in French Lick this weekend. Can I carry on the train? I don't see anything in the state law against it... any input?

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    I don't know of any law that would prohibit it, but IANAL. If it is concealed, then why worry about it? After all, concealed means concealed:D

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    If you're going on a weekend when they have one of those train robbery holdup reenactments, whatever you do, don't shoot back. They look real enough but all they're doing is collecting for charity.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I don even think it's illegal on FRA rails. But it's deffinately against their rules and they WILL ban you from the train if your caught with one. I do know they want you to "check" your firearms in a box like the airlines. Although I believe it can't be a locked box. I'm not real sure.
    i do know at bigger train stations like Chicago they have random bag checks and xray by TSA agents.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    How odd it must be the water there.................I don't remember if I did or not last time I was on that train either! Oh well!

Same here! We've done it twice, once was one of the train robbery rides, and then we went again last month for the regular ride. I don't think there are any signs posted anywhere about firearms, either, and if there are, they are not in an obvious place.

The train goes by Larry Birds boyhood home, too!

Top Bottom