Friday Night Steel at Marion County Fish and Game this Friday, July 22nd!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    After an extended hiatus....I'm in!
    Who's bringing the chiller fans??

If anyone needs me to bring anything, let me know.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Still need help!

Match Director: Don Parks
    Assistant Match Director: Chuck Bjork
    Sign In: Anton Howard
    Scorekeeper: Need someone to tabulate scores after the match
    Range Officers (Need 5 people with experience): Dom1104,
    Assistant Range Officers: No experience needed; great way to work up to RO'ing.

For those who haven't participated in a match when the weather is really hot, here are a few suggestions:
    1) Chair
    2) Cooler / thermos / Camelback
    3) Towel for hands / face
    4) Oily rag (your gun / mags will rust freakishly fast) if you're dripping sweat on them. Ask me what it's like to see rusty fingerprints on your new chromed STI...

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    Things are so busy at work they moved the fabrication department into another building. We have NO A/C over there.:n00b: It has been brutal the past week or so. So I will have to pass on tomorrows FNS.

Drenched in sweat 9+ hours a day for over a week now is more than enough, and it doesn't look like it's going to get any better anytime soon.

Hopefully will see you all next time.:yesway:

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Match Director: Don Parks
    Assistant Match Director: Chuck Bjork
    Sign In: Anton Howard
    Scorekeeper: Need someone to tabulate scores after the match
    Range Officers (Need 5 people with experience): Dom1104, Bob,
    Assistant Range Officers: No experience needed; great way to work up to RO'ing

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Hydrating and then I'll be hitting the road. I really hope my reloads perform well for me.

S8MS-01904

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    A Carmel Roundabout
    We had a small group (roughly 40), start to finish in 2 hours. add 1/2 for clean-up.

My "A" game was trying to come out, but a few "minor" gun issues brought me down to the "B-" game. Oh well, there's always next time.

Don Parks

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    Thanks, to everyone who came out in the heat, to help set up, and tear down, and to the ROs. Once again it was a fun match with great stages Thanks again for eveyones hard work.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    The shooting was over before it started, but it was a good night at the range. Now, as for the after-party? Our waiter acted like he was :fogey:. For the longest we were all sitting at the table just waiting :tumbleweed:. Singlesix was so mad I thought he would explode :chillpill:. There were even a few tables that arrived after us that got their food before us :shady:. I wonder who chose that spot, anyway? :popcorn:

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    The shooting was over before it started, but it was a good night at the range. Now, as for the after-party? Our waiter acted like he was :fogey:. For the longest we were all sitting at the table just waiting :tumbleweed:. Singlesix was so mad I thought he would explode :chillpill:. There were even a few tables that arrived after us that got their food before us :shady:. I wonder who chose that spot, anyway? :popcorn:

Sounds like Bdubs

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In

I spoke to the manager and she could care less about the service we received. It will be a cold in July before I recommend Grindstone's.

Top Bottom