• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I attended the Friends of the NRA dinner & auction tonight for the 1st time, spent $100 on raffle tickets and I WON the M&P sport rifle!!!!

My face hurts from smiling....

I spent 80.00 on tickets but Im so short i didnt get many tickets :(. Though if I would of won i would of probably taken the Kimber since i have a few Ar's. Congrats on the win. Was definitely a good time and the food was pretty good too.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    My first Friends of the NRA Banquet saw me purchase the same $100 "bucket of tickets" for raffles.
    At the end of the evening I was the proud new owner of a Mossberg 12ga. combo (brand new) AND a used, but in GREAT shape, paratroopers model of a Norinco SKS!

Needless to say, I was HOOKED!

Subsequent dinners have seen me win a small pistol lock-box, some stationary clay target holders, and a buddy of mine at my table won a Kimber Custom .45acp on a $20 ticket.

Last year I took one of my customers to the banquet as a "Thank You for your business". He bought a $20 ticket and walked away with a Savage .22-250 bolt gun.

This year, as a sponsor, I won a Chiappa 1911, in .22lr, which I promptly presented to my business partner, who is also my brother.

My other brother, seated at the same table, hit the frggin' jackpot!
    He won the "Collection with Protection" raffle which consisted of a 24 gun fire-resistant safe, AND 6 firearms!
    He won a DPMS AR15 (.223/5.56), a Weatherby SA08 semi-auto 12ga., a Springfield XD .45acp, a Taurus Judge, a S&W .38spl, and a little .22Lr Cimmaron revolver.

This was the funniest sight I've seen in years, mainly because he didn't even know he was in the drawing! I told him about it on the first day that the tickets went on sale. He said he'd like to pick up a ticket, but the time schedule was going to be a problem for him.
    I purchased a ticket for him when I purchased mine. I told him about it, but he either forgot that I bought him a ticket, or didn't hear me when I told him.

At any rate, when they called his name, he stood about half-way up and looked at his wife and said, "How does this work. I didn't even buy a ticket. How can I win when I didn't buy a ticket"?

I was so excited for him, and laughing so hard at the look on his face that I didn't get a chance just then to tell him I bought his ticket for him.
    His wife just kept pushing him out of his chair telling him, "get up there, they called YOUR name! Don't worry about how, just get up there."

Story ends with him taking home a safe and five firearms.

For my part (buying his ticket) he gave me the Weatherby semi-auto 12ga!

Yeah, I'm hooked on the Friends of the NRA banquets.
    I'm hooked so bad I've been a committee member for the past 5 years, and a sponsor of the banquet for 7 years.

It's a great time, good food, a room full of armed individuals, and I couldn't be more comfortable anywhere else.

Last edited:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    My buddy at work won a DPMS Panther and a gun safe last year, then the very next day went to a turkey shoot and won a Marlin 17 HMR. I can't make the one this year.:(

Congrats on your win!

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I attended the Friends of the NRA dinner & auction tonight for the 1st time, spent $100 on raffle tickets and I WON the M&P sport rifle!!!!

Congradulations!
    Last year I bought 1 ticket for the SW Mich. friends of the NRA ($10.00), I won a Springfield M1A. So I know all about not being able to stop smiling

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN

Thank you for supporting the event. I've served on the local committee for 10+ years now and can assure you the money does a lot for the shooting sports.

You have them that early down there?

Plainfield is in a couple weeks. Here is the Indiana schedule.

Friends of NRA - NRA Foundation

Dr. Pretorius

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I've Attended the Danville and Indianapolis banquets for several years now and always have a great time. Two of my buddies have both won firearms at the Danville Banquet . Last night was my lucky night. I won the NRA engraved Henry Big Boy 44 magnum rifle!!! :rockwoot:

Top Bottom