• ...and so much more!
  • horsehaulin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Amazing stuff, first thing to say!

I have run 265 rounds through it and it is the best firearm I have ever owned. 200 rounds of Winchester target, 50 Tulammo (junk!), and 15 Federal I forgot to unload before heading to the range. Before shooting, it felt like it always had dirt in the slide. Felt a little better afterward and cleaning, but I heard about Frog Lube and decided to try it out.

Two applications later and this thing slides like butter! I went one step further than the directions and put a drop of their liquid on the spots S&W recommended oiling. Talk about a night and day difference. It dries and leaves a wax feel, but when the firearm warms up it becomes a liquid lubricant!

I also treated the wife's Beretta 9000S and my 92FS OD, and although I clean them regularly even when not shot, I got more carbon out of the slides. The wife can now rack a round with no problem on her firearm. She also likes the pepermint smell better than Hoppes, women.

Lovey new M&P, and the Frog Lube is great. Now I need to zero the sights a little more and I will be set.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Amazing stuff, first thing to say!

I have run 265 rounds through it and it is the best firearm I have ever owned. 200 rounds of Winchester target, 50 Tulammo (junk!), and 15 Federal I forgot to unload before heading to the range. Before shooting, it felt like it always had dirt in the slide. Felt a little better afterward and cleaning, but I heard about Frog Lube and decided to try it out.

Two applications later and this thing slides like butter! I went one step further than the directions and put a drop of their liquid on the spots S&W recommended oiling. Talk about a night and day difference. It dries and leaves a wax feel, but when the firearm warms up it becomes a liquid lubricant!

I also treated the wife's Beretta 9000S and my 92FS OD, and although I clean them regularly even when not shot, I got more carbon out of the slides. The wife can now rack a round with no problem on her firearm. She also likes the pepermint smell better than Hoppes, women.

Lovey new M&P, and the Frog Lube is great. Now I need to zero the sights a little more and I will be set.

the M&P's rock. EXTREMELY easy to field strip and clean. Now my 1911...not so much so. :)

horsehaulin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    This M&P shoots very nice and is very nice to strip. Not so easy to conceal, but I will OC with that and conceal a LCP when I get around to the LGS this weekend.

I have used almost every CLP from my time in the Army and many of the civilian types to homemade, and this is hands down the best. All of my antique rifles and shotguns are getting treated also.

Crossfire

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Looks like I'm going to have to try the Frog Lube, always have grown up with rim oil but from your post and what I've read online looks like it wouldn't hurt to try it out

kyotekilr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    down wind
    Question: If it is waxing until warm, are you worried about using it in the dead of winter on your edc when the first shot counts the most?

horsehaulin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Question: If it is waxing until warm, are you worried about using it in the dead of winter on your edc when the first shot counts the most?

It's not waxy like candle wax. But to answer your question, I fired three mags through it after letting it sit in 7* overnight and it put all rounds through the pipe without arguement.

chadman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    Thanks for the post, I'll look for it when I go for supplies next time. I usually oil everything but the rails which I lightly grease.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I used it on my brother in laws guns last night. Every semi auto I have now gets froglubed. It's not that the other oils weren't any good or didn't do the job, it's just that this stuff really seems to do the same thing much better. I haven't done the hair dryer heating up parts thing, but I just put the oil on the gun where it needs to go and then go shoot the heck out of it.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    ive systematically gutted my guns and applied froglube to every one of them, then bake in oven @ 170 for 5-10 mins. i also use it as a standard CLP. i dont know if it really helps anything or not.

horsehaulin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    After much research, and failing to find a differing point of view, I've taken the plunge. I ordered some the other day, now just waiting for it to arrive. It's supposed to snow all weekend, so seems like the perfect opportunity to do the initial treatment.

I have been told by someone at Frog Lube that it is best to get two applications in before shooting again, if possible.

Top Bottom