• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Im on the fence about a new carry rig. I got to try out a fellow Ingoers M&p 9 and fell in love, the grip was built for my hands, perfectly, I can shoot just as well with my G-19, But the M&P feel so much better in my hands, I dont fidge with hand placement out of the holster, I felt the trigger's pull was sweeter than my glock.

The only negative feature to me was the slightly larger profile while CC.

SO

I have ready hundreds of M&P vs Glock threads as well as folks who switched from the primary side arm "Glock to M&P

but,

I wanna know who here has switched from Glock to M&P but later went back to Glock, and I wanna know your reasons why.

We dont need another Glock vs M&P thread,
    just answer why you switched and switched back

Thanks all.

Last edited:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I don't think I fit the strict criteria of people who are allowed to respond to this thread, but I'm going to anyway. :D I carried a G-23 for several years and switched to a M&P9 a few months ago. I still have no desire to switch back, however I did have similar concerns about the larger size when I switched. I am a big guy, so I have found the size difference to be negligible. May I ask what kind of holster you are using? I either carry in a CompTac paddle OWB, or if deep concealment is a concern, a CompTac MTAC IWB. I find neither prints more or is any less comfortable than when I carried the G-23 in the same fashion. In my opinion considering all the other reasons I prefer the M&P, IF the size were a deal breaker, I would still opt for a M&P9c rather than switching back to Glock.

:twocents:

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    May I ask what kind of holster you are using?

The M&P was a fellow ingoers, On recollection it was a self made kydex, stayed close the hip like my Glock sport/combat holster, The noticeable print was from the longer grip of the M&P that stuck out like I wore a light saber, Im smaller to med build 175-180lbs, Im going to look at the 9c as soon as I come across one, Do they come in Dark Earth as well?

I think my glock knows somethings going on:D
    Its looking at me from across the room..

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have Glocks (27, 23, 40) and I have an M&P 9c.

I have a Galco King Tuk for the 27/23 and another for the M&P 9c.

I have not brought myself to start carrying the 9C over the 27 or 23.

For me the issue currently is the trigger. Even with the RAM in the 9c, I just have not spent enough time shooting the 9C to get used to the trigger over the Glock trigger.

So technically I don't fit who you are looking for, but the issue for me is not really the size factor as much as the trigger and my comfort level with it at this point.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I still have my M&P and a G26, waiting on my G19 to come in.

I'll do a write up down the road but the bottom line for me is the Glock fits my hand better and I prefer the Glock triggers.

amhenry

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Bloomington
    I went from Glock to M&P and then back.

I started off with a G30, which I still have, and still love, but I had a chance to pick up an M&P 9 FS. I liked the way it fit my hand at the store, but I wasn't thrilled about the trigger. I bought it, and the more I shot it, the less I liked it. I considered putting Apex parts in, but the trigger wasn't the only issue for me. In strings of fire, I found myself always having to adjust my grip, which I hadn't had to do on the G30.

I traded for an M&P 9c. It was even worse. I only kept it for a week. I could never get comfortable. So I bought a Shield. This was the best fit so far for me, and had the best trigger as well, but I had a chance to shoot a G19 and a G17, and I found that I was much more comfortable with them...

So I sold the Shield to a buddy, switched back to Glock, and now carry a G17.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I had Glocks in a 35 and 27. The 40 cal never really was a big have too for me. Got the 35 for IPSC back in 2001 for me and my son but that was before the production class. I sold both because I got both a M&P 9 and 9c. I have never had an issue with the trigger on my M&P and find I like them better than both my Glocks. I intend to get another Glock probably a 17 just to have. Both the M&P and the Glock are great guns but I prefer the M&P personally.

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I had a Glock 26 gen3 and 38 gen3. Sold both of them since I have very small hands and couldnt grip the gun as well as I would have liked. I bought a M&P 9 Pro long slide. With the small backstrap it fit my hands well. But hated the trigger pull. I was going to change out the M&P trigger group with a Apex kit but sold the gun to a friend of mine who does friday night steel. So I shot a friends Glock 21sf gen3 and made me have Glock fever again. So after the long search and hunt for a Glock 21sf I gave up. But then found a killer deal on a Glock 21 gen4 and have feel in love with Glocks again. The Glock 21 gen4 is now my everyday carry. And is making me want to sell some of my other guns to purchase more gen4 Glocks.lol

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I did. I switched from a Glock 23 to an M&P .40 then back to a Glock this time in 19 flavor.

For me I personally prefer the Glock grip to the M&P, I shoot the glock better, I had more Glock accessories laying around, I like the Glock take down method better, I dont like to have to use tools to field strip my carry gun and I like the Glock trigger better.

Just personal nit-picky stuff. I still like the M&P its a great platform and lots of people love it just wasn't for me.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    but the trigger wasn't the only issue for me. In strings of fire, I found myself always having to adjust my grip, which I hadn't had to do on the G30.

I traded for an M&P 9c. It was even worse. I only kept it for a week. I could never get comfortable. .

I ONLY have any serious trigger time with my M&P's so I can't contribute to comparisons but...

I do notice this also (gun moving around in my hand after a shot) so I'm curious what everyone thinks the contributing factors are. I am somewhat confident in my grip fundamentals.

Like reading a target are there rules of thumb saying "if you are having to re-establish your grip after shots you are doing THIS wrong, or the grip is too small, or large, or something else for your hands"???

:dunno:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    indyk good luck in your quest. It took me several years and lots of testing before I switched up my carry gun of choice. Making the choice even tougher is the fact that Glocks and M&Ps are already so very similar. Which side of the fence people fall on often depends on the most minute detail.

The good news is, if you're down to these 2 carry guns, you can't make a bad decision. :yesway:

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I can only say that I used to own 3 Glocks, but now own several M&Ps.

I may give Glock another chance in the future if they ever change their ergonomics to better fit my hand. My idea of PERFECTION does not feel like a 2x4 in my palm.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I like the Glock take down method better, I dont like to have to use tools to field strip my carry gun

You don't HAVE to use a tool to take down th M&P, it simply allows you the OPTION of using one rather than having to pull the trigger. Glock doesn't give you this option.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    You don't HAVE to use a tool to take down th M&P, it simply allows you the OPTION of using one rather than having to pull the trigger. Glock doesn't give you this option.

you can take a glock apart without pulling the trigger. Lock the slide back and remove the striker by removing the backplate.

Top Bottom