• ...and so much more!
  • JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    NOTE TO ADMINS:
    If this is the wrong thread, please move it to the correct one. Did a search trying to find the one regarding the lawsuit and this is where I landed.

Breaking News:
    Saint O'Connor -- Judge Reed O'Connor -- Northern District of Texas -- issued a Preliminary Injunction prohibiting DOJ from going after FRT's -- for the named plaintiffs and their downstream customers, and NAGR members (one of the plaintiffs). In very unusual timing, the order was issued on Saturday (yesterday)!

FRT case in Northern District of Texas

Order by Judge Reed O'Connor (45 page PDF)
    https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.txnd.380076/gov.uscourts.txnd.380076.53.0.pdf

TLDR Preliminary Injunction Order on last page
    VI. CONCLUSION
    For the foregoing reasons, the Court GRANTS Plaintiffs’ Motion for Preliminary Injunction (ECF No. 22) to preserve the status quo until a final decision on the merits is rendered. The Court ORDERS that Defendants—along with their respective officers, agents,
    servants, and employees—are hereby ENJOINED from implementing or enforcing against the parties in this lawsuit, in any civil or criminal manner described below, the ATF’s expanded definition of “machinegun” that this Court has determined is likely unlawful:

(1) Initiating or pursuing criminal prosecutions for possession of FRTs;

(2) Initiating or pursuing civil proceedings for possessing, selling, or manufacturing FRTs based on the claim that FRTs are machineguns;

(3) Initiating or pursuing criminal prosecutions for representing to the public of potential buyers and sellers that FRTs are not machineguns;

(4) Initiating or pursuing civil actions for representing to the public of potential buyers and sellers that FRTs are not machineguns;

(5) Sending “Notice Letters” or other similar communications stating that FRTs are machineguns;

(6) Requesting “voluntarily” surrender of FRTs to the government based on the claim that FRTs are machineguns;

(7) Destroying any previously surrendered or seized FRTs; and

(8) Otherwise interfering in the possession, sale, manufacture, transfer, or exchange of FRTs based on the claim that FRTs are machineguns.

This injunction covers the Individual Plaintiffs and their families, the Organizational Plaintiffs and their members, and the downstream customers of any commercial member of an Organizational Plaintiff. Furthermore, this injunctive relief shall not extend to any individual
    prohibited from possessing firearms under 18 U.S.C. § 922(g). For those parties covered by this injunction, the relief shall take effect immediately and remain in effect pending the final disposition of this lawsuit. See 5 U.S.C. § 705. Finally, the Court waives the security requirement of Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 65(c).96 See Kaepa, Inc. v. Achilles Corp., 76 F.3d 624, 628 (5th Cir. 1996) (holding that the district court has discretion to waive the security requirement).

SO ORDERED this 7th day of October, 2023.
    I'm not very knowledgeable about the FRT litigation. Only that it's been percolating in The N.D. Texas court, and that it's similar to the Bump Stock lawsuit. I do know what an FRT is, and its principle of operation. I had surmised BATFE was going to eventually take another kick in the gonads. The Fat Lady hasn't sung yet. This is just the District Court. Expect BATFE to become apoplectic over his Prelim Injunction, considering they've seized many triggers, and have begun some prosecutions. My crystal ball predicts similar response from 5th Circuit upholding his injunction followed by a motion to SCOTUS for an emergency stay (Justice Alito handles 5th Ckt).

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    That's my interpretation of the court's injunction. You'd have to inquire with the sellers of them to see if they're taking orders again.
    I wanted to update this thread with a video big daddy unlimited released of a clone of the Rarebreed 3 position frt trigger. They claim it will be out in Dec.

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/aYFegHIeY5o

gorge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Earth
    I wanted to update this thread with a video big daddy unlimited released of a clone of the Rarebreed 3 position frt trigger. They claim it will be out in Dec.

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/aYFegHIeY5o
    BDU? The same BDU that copies competitors products and markets them as their own? The same BDU that never has anything in stock? The same BDU that claimed the FRT was a machine gun? That BDU?! They can go rot in h-e-double hockey sticks..

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    BDU? The same BDU that copies competitors products and markets them as their own? The same BDU that never has anything in stock? The same BDU that claimed the FRT was a machine gun? That BDU?! They can go rot in h-e-double hockey sticks..
    Yes sir the very same. I personally have never bought anything from them, but I still wanted to pass along what I've seen lately on the subject.

Not too sure about their choice of background amusic for that video, though...

I noticed that too, I assumed it's them trolling everyone based on the current events on FRT's. I'll look for one elsewhere if they come up for sale.

I also heard the original inventor Thomas Graves is suing everyone regarding FRT tech including Rarebreed.

Top Bottom