• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • straid

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    What are the best shops for finding a variety of 1911s in the FTW area? I've been to H & H Guns, but they stock mostly Kimber. Are there any shops that stock Wilsons and more high end models? Also on the lookout for less common models, uncommon mods and/or different calibers.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I dont know of any that carry the higher end stuff like Wilson Combat. I know Freedom (H&H) has more than just Kimber. They have springfield, Colt, Taurus, Sig, etc at least they did a few days ago.

Gander has mostly the same brands, Ranger Supply has some RIA and some other less expensive stuff, but they do have a couple 9mm RIA which seem to be hard to find.

You may want to try Ed Hirschy, quirky business model but in Ft Wayne he may be your only option for high end stuff and I have no idea if he even carries that.

I know Cabelas usually does, its a drive to Hammond but they usually have some high end 1911s at most stores.

Better yet you could just go to Wilson Combats website and do a dealer search and find exactly what you are looking for.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Have you looked at 21st Century? It has been a little while since I have been in there, and I am not much of a 1911 guy so I never really pay attention to what 1911s are in the case, but they may be able to help you. They are an advertiser here on INGO, you could ask them on here if they might have what you are looking for.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Freedom firearms has several. Springers, lumbers, etc. I wasn't looking for one so I didn't pay that close of attention to what there was, but they had several. Very few gun shops carry the high end 1911 since most people that buy those are picky. Best just to order one from Wilson or brown or whoever...

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Shooters in New Haven did have a couple of High end 1911's. I think he had a Wilson custom ,he keeps the real good stuff near the cash register & will show you if asked about it (not on display ,for serious customers)

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Dude! We've got a shelf and a half of a mixed bag (new & used) from Kimbers, Colts, Springfields, to Para's, Remingtons, and ATIs with a few others tossed in! Stop in at Tomlinson's in Churubusco and check them out! Heck, play your cards right and you could walk out with free candy.
    OK, to be fair...everybody gets free candy. It just sounded cooler. :D

JonProphet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Shooter's Supply had quite a few from Colt, Para, Rock Island, and maybe 1 or 2 other brands. I almost bought a Para Commander 1911 in .45. Still kicking myself for not buying it.

Top Bottom