• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IMakeGum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    picture.php

Ya, I bought a mini....I never thought I'd own a small caliber, but DAMN, this little guy is FUN! :)

Love it! Really, everyone needs to buy one just to have FUN

picture.php

Did I mention how much fun this is?!?!?!?!?!? :D

(IT being North American Arms .22LR 1 5/8" barrel!)

Last edited:

Koukalaka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    91   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Madison County
    Those NAA minis are awesome...I love my Pug. In addition to being fun, they actually do have some defensive value. Nothing is smaller or easier to conceal than these guys.

IMakeGum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Koaukalaka, post pics of your Pug! A pug and a wasp are both now on my wish list. And I want one that is 1 1/4" barrel, too! :)

IndyMedic

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I just watched a video on youtube. The guy called his NAA his "get off me gun". Very nice little piece. I would like to shoot one and see how it felt and preformed.

IMakeGum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    It's a super simple shooter, but loads of fun. The hits on my target were at roughly 8 or 10'. its definitely point and shoot. It shoots better when you look at your target not at your hand (forget using the sight, though there are sights on it, its way to short/small to even try it). There is 0 kick, even though it is small. I found it easiest to hold the trigger and use my thumb to move the hammer back. As long as you keep the trigger engaged, the hammer just falls.
    I thought there'd be some kick or that it would be hard to hold, but that was not even close to the case. I let someone else shoot it, too, and that person has much thicker hands than I and he had no issues shooting it.
    All in all, a fun little gun! If I'm counting on this, that's cos the XDMc, Rossi .357 or Smith 19-2 failed me somehow. ....and the knives....lol!
    But for pocket protection and in an up close and personal situation, between this and the knives, I think I'd win.....
    I know .22LR hollow points exist....

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have a few of them also. They are a blast. I always have my Black Widow on me. It has a custom stippled grip that helps in shooting the gun. Had an oversized wood grip on it for awhile and like this much more. I had a Mini Master for awhile but traded it for a .357 Rossi that I love. I can actually shoot the BW better than the MM so that is why I traded it. Then I have a Mini Short that I have shaved LR that I shoot from time to time. The short is when you want that absolute smallest there is. Hard to hit anything but you can keep it on the hurt zone a 10 feet no problem. I have speed loaders for these little guns that make loading faster and funner. They are a blast to shoot and mess around with and can be accurate with practice. Jim
    BW-stip01.jpg

MiniMasterWG.jpg

Short-Mag.jpg

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Quality

Great quality gun. I have the 22 magnum. Just to cool to try and
    explain. Don't even think of a derringer as long as they make these.

knot4reel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Way down south by Bl
    I have the 22LR/MAG combination with the holster grip. Like everyone says, its for up close and personal work. I never leave home without it. The new Speer short barrel mag ammo makes it even better.

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    Here is some of the Speed loaders and empty shell ejector that I made for the mini's. It is pictured with a speed loader with real bullets for comparison. More people ask about the Mini's at the range than any other guns. Jim
    Speedloader1.jpg

IMakeGum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    I LOVE these pics! Love the square butt 1 1/4" barrel....LOVE LOVE the mini speed loaders. That empty casing ejector is a great idea. What is that made from? Any idea where/how to pick up an extra cylinder?
    I've got a great holster ordered on ebay and can't wait for it to come in. Its just as cute as the gun!! :)
    I loved shooting it and cant wait to get back to the range with it....it's like a cap gun for grown ups!!!

IMakeGum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    mini's are addicting! I am stuck on the NAA website! lol! I definitely want the wasp and a pug....I love the stippled grips that N9 has on his pug. I had mine in my pocket all night long, I don't even notice it (empty and without a pocket holster). I'm waiting for the pocket holster so that I don't scratch up the gun, but i don't know how necessary it is.
    They have engineered these so you don't have to carry with an empty cylinder anymore. There is a notch between the chambers so that you can rest the hammer on that instead of on a live round (dangerous) or empty chamber (lose capacity)

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    To get an extra Cylinder you will have to send the Whole gun in to NAA so they can check timing. $50 for the cylinder and shipping both ways.

I carry my Black Widow with me everyday in a modified IWB holster. For some reason pocket carry has never been for me.

The empty case ejector is made of a block of wood and dow rods. I have never been a fan of poking the emptys out with the rod from the gun, I always carried something different to do it with. Sometimes the Magnum shells are pretty stiff to get out and I do not want to push that hard with the cylinder rod. Jim

Last edited:

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    Here is a picture of how I carry my Black Widow. It is a leather holster that I have sewn and made work perfect for IWB carry. The second picture is just funny and shows how little the Short actually is. Jim
    BWandHolster.jpg

Rossishort.jpg

IMakeGum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    lol, Jim....Im totally going to copy all your ideas to shoot with my mini! dowel rods...another great idea!

Top Bottom