• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    I'd posted a few days ago in the wtb section that I was looking for a single action .22 convertable plinker. I already have a few, but wanted something that I wouldn't care about getting scratched up and abused. I had today off and decided to head down to Morton and see what they had in stock. I bought some powder and primers, but their prices n the heritage rough riders were a little high ($289) so I went on my way.

I decided to stop and see Duane at Pearson's in Marshall before I headed home and I'm glad I did. I found some Hornady 6mm bullets I'd been searching for, and asked if he had any cheap .22 revolvers. He didn't have any in the case, bit knew he had ordered a 6.5" rough rider but wasn't sure if it was in.

Luckily it was, I walked out with the 6.5" blued 22lr/22mag Heritage, and 100rds of 22WMR hornady critical defence for $233.23! Pearson's price on the Heritage was $189.99, that's under Buds price before the transfer! I thanked Duane and headed home to try her out.

Fit and finish isn't anywhere near my Single 10, or New Frontier, but she shoots straight and will fill the role of my woods gun perfect

IMAG0106_zpsa841b5d9.jpg

IMAG0105_zpsc63df519.jpg

Last edited:

jaybird_123

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just around the corner.
    Hope you enjoy yours, I have had mine for about a year and love it. Bought a black cowboy holster for $20.00 from Cabelas and also cream colored grips. Looks awesome and fits well with the Henry lever action rifle. All I need is a black cowboy hat and i`m all set. :)

Gdpudge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    West central
    I hope you have good luck with it. I myself have one like on its way but you got a better deal on the price than i did at $199.99 plus tax with no ammo. Good luck I'm looking forward to shooting mine

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I noticed yesterday (Friday 3/15/13) that we got about 6 of these in at Beech Grove Firearms & Range. I didn't take time to look them over yet though other than through the glass.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Ask and you shall receive.

I would have had them up sooner but the wife and I went to Indiana Grand last night.

Oh well awesome, they've got my M&P 45 tactical i fell in love with at fort liberty, would you like to meet there or just give me the cash for it? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Is that some kind of safety on the left side recoil shield? I noticed them at the shop today but didn't take time to take one out and look at it. Boy were they ever busy.

baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Oh well awesome, they've got my M&P 45 tactical i fell in love with at fort liberty, would you like to meet there or just give me the cash for it? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I'm sure if you went to the roulette and craps tables at the grand, they'd be more than willing to let you win some of my money to fund your purchase. :D

Is that some kind of safety on the left side recoil shield? I noticed them at the shop today but didn't take time to take one out and look at it. Boy were they ever busy.

Yes, it is a hammer block safety, that's the only thing on the gun that annoys me.

That's pretty! Have you done any cowboy fast draws with it yet?

Nope, I ran about 18rds of 22WMR and 100 rounds of 22lr through it though. I'd have liked to do a little more, but I'm working nights tonight so I needed my beauty sleep. ;)

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I have a Cimarron Plinkerton and love it...it makes shooting .22LR fun again(other than the thought of running out of bullets 6 at a time)...

I plan ot try to find one with the .22Mag cylinder someday soon.

Top Bottom