• ...and so much more!
  • techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I have found the brass ejection of the Krink interesting and wanted to capture it on video to watch it better. The AK's usually toss brass front and right energetically (i.e. into the next county), but the Krink puts it less uniformly.

So today I took the camera out in order to get some video that I might be able to slow down and watch more closely. Here's what I got:

YouTube - Krinkov Function in Slow Motion

Note the ejection of the last round changes as the yugo mag grabs the bolt back and stops the handle from whacking the brass.

I had an AR and thought that I might be able to catch the brass deflector working as well:

YouTube - AR-15 Cycling in Slow Motion

While ejection is uniform and positive, it is obvious that the brass deflector is bouncing the rounds out and away from my face. I would be curious to get a flat sided AR to watch as well.

The AR's brass pile is always very, very uniform.

In any event, the last thing I wanted to get on video was a decent fireball from the Krinkov. The camera I am using is not great for it, but I did get one:

YouTube - Krinkov Blast in Slow Motion

I really want to get this all worked out so that we are ready for the INGO Box(es) of Truth once the weather gets better!

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I got pair together in a little video for Esrice to bribe him into a range day with him this spring (the first one right at the open of the video):

YouTube - For Esrice

:rockwoot:

BTW: The obvious trick is NOT to shoot your wife's camera sitting on the tripod, or her tripod for that matter. I bet a short mosin would make a nice fireball too...

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    well since this is a thread with fireballs, heres HK53p :D

Ive got another Vid, if i can find it of the 51, .308 makes a little more fire :D
    wait till i get my Ks done they will have 4ish inch barrels LOTS more fire !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    techres... do you have any pics of the down range photographer?

You SO just gave me an idea for the next kids video! Forget zombies closing school (which was fun). "Down Range Photography" is so much better.

Oh, yeah, gonna get the kids in on this one when the wife is not looking. :rockwoot:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    techres... do you have any pics of the down range photographer?

You should see the story board the boy and I did last night. I was in tears. Now we just need a quiet day at the range when no one is around.

What a fireball! That's crazy.

I like the slo-mo video! :yesway:

It is a riot. I was happy to work out the slow motion with the thought that we need to have a testing rig that you can film from the side so that when we hit the drywall with buckshot, the side angle camera can pick up the impact for us to slow mo later.

The only thing better than an INGO box of truth, is a slow mo up close box of truth instant replay! Box of Destruction is more like it...

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Figured that I would take a second go at slow-mo:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQHvQnR7oLc]YouTube - Krinkov M92 in Slow Motion - Dustcover Off (Short Version)[/ame]

Really need a better camera for detailed pics, but can't find one for $90.

Why not spend more? Because one of these days I will actually HIT the camera:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtZyME3lr1c]YouTube - Filming AR Target from Behind - Camera Prep for Summer Watermelons[/ame]

But not this day...

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    scottrodgers87
    Top Bottom