• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldschoolmuscle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 18, 2008
    where the green grass grows
    found it on another site.. i got a chuckle or 2...

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." — Infantry Journal

"It is generally inadvisable to eject directly over the area you just bombed." — US Air Force Manual

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword, obviously never encountered automatic weapons." — General MacArthur

"You, you, and you ... Panic. The rest of you, come with me." — U.S. Marine Corp Gunnery Sgt.

"Tracers work both ways." — U.S. Army Ordnance Manual

"Five second fuses only last three seconds." — Infantry Journal

The three most useless things in aviation are: Fuel in the bowser; Runway behind you; and Air above you. — Basic Flight Training Manual

"Any ship can be a minesweeper. Once." — Maritime Ops Manual

"Never tell the Platoon Sergeant you have nothing to do." — Unknown Marine Recruit

"If you see a bomb technician running, try to keep up with him." — USAF Ammo Troop

"You've never been lost until you"ve been lost at Mach 3." — Paul F. Crickmore (SR71 test pilot)

"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire." —Unknown Author

"If the wings are traveling faster than the fuselage it has to be a helicopter — and therefore, unsafe." — Fixed Wing Pilot

"When one engine fails on a twin-engine airplane, you always have enough power left to get you to the scene of the crash." — Multi-Engine Training Manual

"Without ammunition, the USAF is just an expensive flying club." — Unknown Author

"If you hear me yell; 'Eject, Eject, Eject!,' the last two will be echos. If you stop to ask 'Why?' you"ll be talking to yourself, because you're the pilot." — Pre-flight Briefing from a 104 Pilot

"What is the similarity between air traffic controllers and pilots? If a pilot screws up, the pilot dies; but If ATC screws up, .... the pilot dies." — Sign over Control Tower Door

"Never trade luck for skill." — Author Unknown

"Airspeed, altitude and brains. Two are always needed to successfully complete the flight." — Basic Flight Training Manual

"Mankind has a perfect record in aviation — we have never left one up there!" — Unknown Author

"Flying the airplane is more important than radioing your plight to a person on the ground incapable of understanding or doing anything about it." — Emergency Checklist

"The Piper Cub is the safest airplane in the world; it can just barely kill you." — Attributed to Max Stanley (Northrop test pilot)

"There is no reason to fly through a thunderstorm in peacetime." — Sign over Squadron Ops Desk at Davis-Montham AFB, AZ

"If something hasn't broken on your helicopter, it's about to." — Sign over Carrier Group Operations Desk

"You know that your landing gear is up and locked when it takes full power to taxi to the terminal." — Lead-in Fighter Training Manual

As the test pilot climbs out of the experimental aircraft, having torn off the wings and tail in the crash landing, the crash truck arrives. The rescuer sees a bloodied pilot and asks, "What happened?" The pilot"s reply: "I don't know, I just got here myself!"

a1gunny

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2009
    Good stuff! Thanks for the post!

Proud Father of a United States Airman
    NRA Patron Life Member

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I remember my brother going through basic and telling this one. I don't remember the exact quote but it was something like this. "Hit your racks and everybody in their own beds". I guess they found a couple guys "sharing" a bed in the rotation or 2 before his.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    "If it ain't rainin, we ain't trainin" from my days at Ft. Lewis, Wa.
    Oh, good Lord!

I spent 2-3 years in Bremerton, Washington at the Naval Shipyard. My boat, Carl Vinson, was in overhaul status so they were sending me TAD on the Nimitz and Abe Lincoln.

A female that I went through "A" school with originated from Seattle and, upon receiving my orders to head for the Vinson, told me that it almost never RAINED in Seattle. She neglected to tell me that it DRIZZLED in Seattle for about 9 months of the year.

My first year there, I thought I was going to commit suicide due to the constant overcast skies. The second year, it was a better year. The third year? I loved it. Miss it still.

On the ship's supply room hatch:

"An emergency on your part does not constitute an emergency on our part."

Same hatch, different sign:

"Why is a ship called a "she" or "her" in Navy lingo? Because it costs so much to keep her in powder and paint."

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    It seems like yesterday I was first told words that some to this day I have no a clue what they really mean. Jackleg, buddyF*****, SNAFU,FUBAR,etc I catch myself at times using some of those.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Jackleg, buddyF*****, SNAFU,FUBAR,
    Jackleg: characterized by unscrupulousness, dishonesty, or lack of professional standards <a jackleg lawyer> b : lacking skill or training : amateur <a jackleg carpenter>

Buddy F'er: Someone that throws a friend "under the bus" and screws them over to protect their own reputation, ego, etc.

SNAFU: (S)ituation (N)ormal, (A)ll (F)ouled (U)p: Working for an organization or being involved in a social setting where either no plans are made to keep things organized or to accomplish anything constructive, and it is always that way.

E.g. "Man, I work for BCD corp. and they require us to use their tools to fix that machine over there. They NEVER provide a full set of tools, but I get reamed for not getting the machine working again in under an hour. It's SNAFU'd around here."

FUBAR: (F)ouled (U)p (B)eyond (A)ll (R)ecognition: E.g. "Man, that truck ran over that mine down the road to the east of here. It was completely FUBAR'd and completely totaled."

The "fouled" words can be replaced by with curse words if you wish. Just keeping it PG tonight.

Top Bottom