• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stang51d

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint
    That's what it's like taking my daughter to school. Her school is on a skinny little county road, and after turning off the hiway, there is about 2 1/2 miles of high speed (and that's no joke) school busses, mini vans, and SUVs.

There is no shoulder on the road and the whole trip is spent right on the edge of the ditch. Every time we turn onto the road, I look at my daughter and say "I AM AWAITED!!!" And she just giggles the whole way down the road.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    There's a grade school just a couple blocks from me. I swear they don't even need buses. I see the buses come by with 2 or 3 kids on each one, and then comes the steady stream of mini-vans and SUV's... I'm like, "Hey all you parents! See those big yellow things in front of you? Did you know that they will actually pick up and take your kids to and from school??"

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Pick up/drop off at school is the absolute worst. I'd rather drive the interstate on three tires and a rim.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Let me know if you run into this guy.

Doof-Warrior.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There's a grade school just a couple blocks from me. I swear they don't even need buses. I see the buses come by with 2 or 3 kids on each one, and then comes the steady stream of mini-vans and SUV's... I'm like, "Hey all you parents! See those big yellow things in front of you? Did you know that they will actually pick up and take your kids to and from school??"

Have you ever watched how those big yellow things get driven and who is doing the driving.........incompetence on all levels.
    Had them pull right out in front of me at the school with kids standing close by. I was deep into the Anti-Locks. She (driver) looked me dead in the eyes and pulled out into my right of way. WTF. Got the number....reported it....total waste of time and effort.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Have you ever watched how those big yellow things get driven and who is doing the driving.........incompetence on all levels.
    Had them pull right out in front of me at the school with kids standing close by. I was deep into the Anti-Locks. She (driver) looked me dead in the eyes and pulled out into my right of way. WTF. Got the number....reported it....total waste of time and effort.

All the more reason to do away with them. And lower my property taxes accordingly. :)

(Sorry Brandon - no offense!)

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    We also drop off and pick up (no bus service). I swear some of these mini-vans are 0.5G away from Tokyo Drifting through the drop-off lane. Almost expect someone's mom to yell "Yee Haw!" after jumping her SRT Charger over a littler berm, and her kiddo climbing out through the window with his bookbag. I heard one mom got reprimanded this year for squealing her tires exiting the parking lot.

It is pretty funny on the few days the local Sheriff Deputy sits across the street with his coffee. You can likely see all the brake lights from space.

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix

I sometimes wonder if they think "I'm driving the bus with kids on it so it gives me the right to pull out in front of you".

I'm in the thick of it right now with 2 little ones in school. Between the giant yellow twinkies running at full bore and mini-vans racing like they are at the 500 I'll be impressed if I make it through without losing my temper on someone.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I sometimes wonder if they think "I'm driving the bus with kids on it so it gives me the right to pull out in front of you".

I'm in the thick of it right now with 2 little ones in school. Between the giant yellow twinkies running at full bore and mini-vans racing like they are at the 500 I'll be impressed if I make it through without losing my temper on someone.

Temper has flared a few times but restrain myself around the kids.

These areas give an over view of society.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me start off with saying I have seen some HORRIBLE driving from bus drivers (both in their bus and their car) and have worked with a few of those drivers. Trust me I'd like to see complaints get some drivers more time off but the simple truth is the shortage of drivers is making it almost impossible.

But I can also complain just as much about people in their cars running my stop sign while kids are loading and unloading, passing me on a double yellow, cutting me off to slam on the brakes because their lane ended and they don't want to be behind the big yellow bus.

I've seen alot from both sides and it isn't pretty.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me start off with saying I have seen some HORRIBLE driving from bus drivers (both in their bus and their car) and have worked with a few of those drivers. Trust me I'd like to see complaints get some drivers more time off but the simple truth is the shortage of drivers is making it almost impossible.

But I can also complain just as much about people in their cars running my stop sign while kids are loading and unloading, passing me on a double yellow, cutting me off to slam on the brakes because their lane ended and they don't want to be behind the big yellow bus.

I have seen this as well and yes..........Drivers in general are idiots.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah but that's only inconveniencing you not us so it's o.k.!!!!!:p

MWCMT

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    South
    The ones that burn me up are when their little precious can't get out anywhere except right in front of the door. One car at a time. I make mine get out as soon as we get to the sidewalk. Won't hurt them to walk a few more feet.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne

This is one of the reasons I want to get a dashcam. I just haven't had the extra money yet.

Instead of calling, wouldn't it be nice to come in there and say, "I want to SHOW you something before going to the television with it." I would hope their response would be a little more... "aggressive" with that driver.

Regards,

Doug

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The ones that burn me up are when their little precious can't get out anywhere except right in front of the door. One car at a time. I make mine get out as soon as we get to the sidewalk. Won't hurt them to walk a few more feet.

Some buses are just as bad when picking up or dropping off kids. I have literally seen them stop at a driveway, pick up/drop off a kid, then drive TWO driveways (about 50 feet) further and drop off or pick up another kid!

Stang51d

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint
    A few years ago, there was a kid in a wheelchair that rode a bus around here. The bus would stop on the main hiway in town, the driver would get out and walk to the back. Then open the door and run down the lift, lift himself into the buss, print the kid onto the lift and let him down. Then, after taking him to the sidewalk, he would fold it all back up and get back in the bus. At this point, the kid was headed to his house ,on the corner, and traffic was backed up at least a half mile in both directions. Then the driver would turn off the lights and turn to head down the side street. At the same corner the kid lived on.

Ill give any one of you 3 sec to figure out a way to make that work better. I bet everyone figures it out.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A few years ago, there was a kid in a wheelchair that rode a bus around here. The bus would stop on the main hiway in town, the driver would get out and walk to the back. Then open the door and run down the lift, lift himself into the buss, print the kid onto the lift and let him down. Then, after taking him to the sidewalk, he would fold it all back up and get back in the bus. At this point, the kid was headed to his house ,on the corner, and traffic was backed up at least a half mile in both directions. Then the driver would turn off the lights and turn to head down the side street. At the same corner the kid lived on.

Ill give any one of you 3 sec to figure out a way to make that work better. I bet everyone figures it out.

I got it I got it.....pick me man pick me........

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Some buses are just as bad when picking up or dropping off kids. I have literally seen them stop at a driveway, pick up/drop off a kid, then drive TWO driveways (about 50 feet) further and drop off or pick up another kid!

Sometimes this is done because there is a chester in the area...

sometimes it is because the parents won't let their kid walk 20 feet because they would hurt themselves or what ever excuse you can think of... sometimes it is the driver trying to be nice to the kids not making them walk "far".

Our township use to have a policy if you were the cause of an accident you got atleast one day off, if you said something to the kids you shouldn't have, a day or 2 off. This hardly happens anymore. Often we are short 20+ drivers causing a few buses to have to run back and do 2 or more routes per school.

I know one local township was offering a decent sign on bonus so long you finished out this school year with them. Driver shortage is beginning to be a big problem and discipline has been placed on the back burner.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Sometimes this is done because there is a chester in the area...

sometimes it is because the parents won't let their kid walk 20 feet because they would hurt themselves or what ever excuse you can think of... sometimes it is the driver trying to be nice to the kids not making them walk "far".

Our township use to have a policy if you were the cause of an accident you got atleast one day off, if you said something to the kids you shouldn't have, a day or 2 off. This hardly happens anymore. Often we are short 20+ drivers causing a few buses to have to run back and do 2 or more routes per school.

I know one local township was offering a decent sign on bonus so long you finished out this school year with them. Driver shortage is beginning to be a big problem and discipline has been placed on the back burner.

If there's a chomo in the area, there is safety in numbers, no?

I can believe that parents don't want their little snowflakes to walk 20 feet. But heck, the bus stop was like the grade school equivalent of the water cooler at work. That's where you first saw your friends and shot the breeze before getting to "work".

Then again, I've seen the opposite happen at an apartment complex near me. I hate getting caught behind that bus in the afternoon. They stop at the entrance, and the entire bus unloads. And that bus is full! One stop. How sweet a gig would that be for a bus driver??

Top Bottom