• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    They are building a new Waffle House in Beech Grove, so I wrote them about their Firearm's Policy and r'cvd a response..
    Mr. xxxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting Waffle House regarding our firearms policy. For many years we have had a “no firearms” policy in place in our restaurants for non-law enforcement customers with a no firearms sign posted at each location. We are well aware that different people and businesses have varying opinions regarding this issue, and we respect the right of all to have different opinions. However, we continue to believe this is the best policy for our customers and associates.

Thank you again for contacting us, and we appreciate your business.

Pat Warner
    VP of Culture
    Waffle House, Inc.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I helped build that (w)affle hou(se) (you know, cuz the lights are never ALWAYS on for the signs)...I have never eaten at one so I really doubt this policy will affect me at all.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Sounds like they're trying to say "we have a corporate policy of no guns, but allow each location to make their own decision. We prefer no guns, but the managers decide."

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    I eat at the newer one in Plainfield about once a week for lunch. I'll look for the no-guns sign when I'm in next. I'm pretty sure that unless you were carrying a slung longarm, the employees probably wouldn't notice.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Never saw such a sign at the one in Greenwood on Main near Emerson. OC'd there quite a few times. But, now that I'm aware of policy, I can eat elsewhere. There are some nice breakfast places near my new house.

nb1980

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Columbus
    The waffle house in Seymour is not connected with the franchise and is family owned and operated. I carry there all the time as does the owner and several others. The menu is similar but the food is much better.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Waffle House, a chain of dirty restaurants. VP of culture? What culture? Waffle batter run-off stalagmite culture?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    VP of Culture???? At the Waffle House???? The irony oozes from that one like the mayonaisse from a spam sandwich!!:rockwoot:

I know, seems amazingly ironic.

I wouldn't feel safe without a gun at most of the Waffle House restaurants I have been in, especially after the bars close.

I'd rather give my money to Cracker Barrel than Waffle House, the food is better too.

It has been so many years since I've been in a Waffle House, that I have no idea what their pricing is like. I wouldn't have guessed they would be anywhere near the pricing of a Cracker Barrel. If they are, I have no idea how they could possibly compete.

And, I don't see how a place such as Waffle House can be so "discerning" on their customer base.

BoxingRef

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2014
    Cincy
    Hi all from next door in Cincy!

Devious
    A few years ago an anti gun group financed by George Soros paid a novelty company to print, and mail large yellow envelopes to the Waffle House Corporate offices... (Note: they also did this to other chain resteraunts in Ohio) inside the large yellow envelope was a smaller sealed envelope that was to be forwarded to each store state wide. Each one had a "Waffle House corporate - please forward" stamped on its outside. Inside was a official size poster showing ordinances as they are shown in the State Attorney Generals hand book for CCW and it absolutely banned all weapons on the premises. To the uniformed it looked official as all get out and would probably be legal enough looking in Ohio that many a cop would use, and or reference it for any question when on duty. It also had, "under penalty - to be visibly posted instructions - by such and such date." If you turned it over it had the novelty company name on it plain as day! There was no officiall state emblem on anything in the mailer, or the poster... but it worked for quite a while till word was spread among the various WH managers...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom