G&A 2014 state rankings for gun owners: Indiana #24?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Many people consider Indiana less restrictive than is truly the case simply because they make it easy to purchase an exception to their handgun carry infringement.

Most states only restrict carrying a handgun if it's concealed. Indiana restricts any method of handgun carry.

They don't deserve a better spot until they repeal their prohibitive "pay to carry" licensing scheme.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    IMHO, we could go a little higher on the list. I like that we can carry in restaurants that serve alcohol and "no gun" signs don't have weight of the law. I also think we should be able to carry anywhere without a permission slip. JMHO.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Yeah, liberals scream bloody murder about having to show ID to be able to vote because this "disenfranchises" voters. But they're all for making us pay for a permission slip and would like to see further infringement like increased training requirements and universal background checks. They want it both ways, we just want to reduce vote fraud and have the ability to defend ourselves.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    It didn't specifically talk about the castle doctrine in the reason for ranking but it looks to me that 10 is the high end of the scale or the "good thing" So 8 out of 10 was good.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Indiana's overall score was 42 with Kentucky ranked at number five having a score of 47 and Arizona, ranked at number one having a score of 49 so their grading factors were pretty narrow, in my opinion.

sb0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Aug 1, 2013
    Indy
    Without even looking I can say this.

A few states (maybe 5) scored very high.

30-40 more scored right beneath them, between #10 and #40 I doubt you'll see much difference.

Then about ten states scored very low.

So #24 really isn't bad.

That being said, I'd prefer to be #1 and we damn sure better be on the offensive at all times pushing towards it.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Their ranking does seem off quite a bit. It's hard to believe that Nevada, which requires handgun registration for 90% of it's citizens and places other restrictions on ownership, ranks higher than Indiana. They did not take into account our lifetime permit. But, as others have said, most states bunch together in the middle so it's not a big issue.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Indiana first with the lifetime license? Also, weren't we first to realize background checks for individual citizen transactions was completely ineffective and thus repealed the law?

Texas? They don't allow open carry - or do they?

I will side with them on one issue, as a state we don't do a lot to promote the shooting sports. Couple of years ago, or so, we stopped charging adult non-resident prices for non-resident youth hunting licenses - that's a step in the right direction. Kentucky's been doing it for years.

larrylegend

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Hancock County
    The criteria must be a bit off. I know there are many states that people believe are better than ours but the devil is in the details. Many states have laws that restrict where you can carry or not, some have laws that enforce no gun signs or no guns allowed in bars/restaurants where alcohol is served, some you cannot be over the legal limit while carrying a gun, some limit they way you can carry (open/concealed). Indiana is very good in many areas while there are a few areas we can do better with. I do like that Indiana seems to be flying under the radar when it comes to our laws though. Arizona gets a lot of attention for their gun laws.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    PARANOID CONSPIRACY ALERT!!!

A survey pops up with an entry to win a Cabella's gift card. On the first page it reminds you to not forget to enter all of your sensitive personal information, so as to be able to contact you concerning the prize...... (subtle, tricky) Several pages later there are questions about what and how many guns you own! Huh? Did anybody fall for this? Conspicuous by it's absence was a check-box for "Tragic boating accident" This omission PROVES that it's all a sting opporation.

I'm telling you that anybody who entered for the gift card is now on a federal database. IT"S TRUE...... (I heard it at the gun shop)

Top Bottom