• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Again, I think this "rapid fire" has been misinterpreted. I completely understand the concept of training for practical purposes and situations. I do not fire like this on any sort of constant basis. I do practical no-nonsence training alot. This video was just for the hell of it. To put everyone at ease, I would never have fired past the first 3-5 rounds like that in a real situation.

HOW DARE YOU!!!! Your blatant attempt at having fun has offended me.
    Please refrain from enjoying yourself and get serious PLEASE! :noway: :n00b:

CAMullis

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    Hickman, Printcraft, and Cougar:

Thank you for bringing some levity back to this. lol

Mettle and Eatsmearcats:

To clarify, I do not disagree with anything either of you two said. In fact, I agree 110% with your postings. However, my point, was simply that this shoot was just for fun... and it was fun!:D

alwalker84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I did this "rapid fire" thing with my M&P 9FS a couple weeks ago at the range with my last clip of range ammo. Hell, its fun man, i got no gripe about it! Dont think I hit [edited -shooter521] though..lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    CAM, next time I'm down that way I'll bring the 'puter, find a hot spot and get ahold of you.

I can do that with my 1911 .45acp, hot loads (5.2gns Bullseye under 230gn LRN), only just a little faster, if the wind's blowing to keep the smoke clear, and keep them all on a paper plate :D

It's my "oh [edited -shooter521]" drill.

It's pretty easy to double tap a 4.5# trigger too. You just decide you're going to do so, and it bump fires coming down from recoil. Discovered this by accident - and no, it's not hammer follow.

The things one can do with a proper trigger...

Josh <><

Last edited by a moderator:

kyle1058

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2009
    Noble County
    Why are you guys bashing this guy so bad for recording some fun shooting stuff? We live in america, where we can go out in our backyard legally and discharge our firearms.

Looks like fun!

And for the glock 18 comment, don't you mean Scherer magazine? I didn't think there was a dedicated Glock 18 magazine... (even though there are only approximately 4 legal Glock 18's in the USA anyways...)

Sinner Man

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    EatMeerKats is talking about the 'competition' world...

Also, EVERY round you fire should have a purpose; else, you ARE wasting your time and money. PLUS, you are training yourself to 'do it wrong' when you could be tasking to 'do it right'. If you spend time expecting to hit 20%, you will hit less than that against an 'aggressor'.

:twocents:

Gimme a break. You're trying to sound like something you aren't.

The guy was having fun, let him have his fun. If you don't like it, move on and don't think twice about it. He's not training this way. Nothing "bad" will be engrained in his head. Just because you call it "training" every time you pick up your gun or go shopping for Ramen noodles doesn't mean we're all doing the same.

Quit trying to sound like all of your shooting is for serious big boy business and not for fun. If it's not somewhat for fun, I feel sorry for you.

I mean no serious offense. I feel I've come off as strongly to you as you came off to him. Sure I'm not here to defend him and he can surely defend himself but I can see where you're coming from and can probably respond a little better.

:patriot:

ETA: Maybe he's just practicing this technique and one of these days he hopes to be able to put all 18 into a torso sized targe at 50 yards?

Sinner Man

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Ah, hell, what would a group like the AMU or someone like Travis Haley know! That gamin' junk will get you killed in the real world!

What are you talking about? Travis says that competition shooting is the best way to become a good tactical marksman? I guess that throws his years in the military and Marine Recon out the window...

I think you misunderstood something he said. Then again, maybe that's something that came up in the Magpul video. I haven't talked to him about much in the last few years.

Competitin teaches you a lot about speed and control etc. but I'm sure there's a lot you need for "combat" that it can't teach you.

I know we have "grammar" and "spelling Nazi" as titles here. Can we also get "tactician Nazi" for those who know more than everyone else?

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Rlee,

Actually, as I put in the original post, I was only about 12 feet from the target. You are correct that the grouping was "scattered", but most of the rounds (first 5 for sure) hit inside a torso sized target area (or vital organs if you prefer). Firing that rapidly is not meant to be 100% accurate. Just enough to gain surprise and get 3-5 rounds into the target (or aggressor) before he/she has time to react. Thanks for your comments on the stance. I "dry" fire alot to practice draw technique and stance.

And, yes, it was fun...:rockwoot:

You can fire fast, and hit. I've only got five shots, gotta make 'em count! Not quite as fast as you in this vid, but quick enough... I hope :) Besides, it's fun LOL.

YouTube - Shooting 4-20-08 Joe Ruger SP101 Draw, fire, & fall back

And the target after doing a bit of that:
    Shooting4-20-08SP101Drawretreat.jpg

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Hickman, Printcraft, and Cougar:

Thank you for bringing some levity back to this. lol

Mettle and Eatsmearcats:

To clarify, I do not disagree with anything either of you two said. In fact, I agree 110% with your postings. However, my point, was simply that this shoot was just for fun... and it was fun!:D

Don't worry about Eatsmearcats, he still hasn't broke down and bought a G34 yet, dang non-conformist!

jtmarine1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Lexington, IN
    EatMeerKats is talking about the 'competition' world...

Also, EVERY round you fire should have a purpose; else, you ARE wasting your time and money. PLUS, you are training yourself to 'do it wrong' when you could be tasking to 'do it right'. If you spend time expecting to hit 20%, you will hit less than that against an 'aggressor'.

:twocents:

WELL S^$T!!!:ugh: Well I guess I have a lot of firearms and ammo to start selling then since I really don't have a purpose for it other than to shoot it for fun.

Did Obama just walk in to this thread? I thought the money I was wasting was still mine for now? And time, well what else am I supposed to do with the time when I'm not at work? My wife doesn't want none of it!:dunno:

On second thought, I am training myself, for when the cats and paper decide it wants to start attacking humans!;):lmfao:

G17_shooter

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Fillmore, IN
    That's good practice for USPSA - been to one match that you have to shoot, reload and shoot again under 10sec or something like that. Never thought I'd see that in a competition but goes to show you...

notasccrmom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    south 'til you smell
    That's good practice for USPSA - been to one match that you have to shoot, reload and shoot again under 10sec or something like that. Never thought I'd see that in a competition but goes to show you...
    I've never seen a USPSA stage that specified just making the gun go bang a certain number of times within a time limit. Only the hits matter... unless you're trying to miss fast enough to win.

CAMullis

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    Some people are just not getting it. One last word: THIS WAS FOR FUN! I DO NOT TRAIN THIS WAY!

Now, I give up... All you joy nazis can bite me...:rockwoot:

Top Bottom