• ...and so much more!
  • sardog72781

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2015
    Carrsville
    Good Morning All!
    I just purchased a new Glock 19 Gen 4… I love it so far!! A friend of mine told me that the lower of the 19 will marry up completely with the upper of 23, no modifications or swap out of parts needed. Is that true? Do you all think this is a good idea to do?
    If there are neededparts change out what are they?
    I would think that the internal lower parts, including, the triggerhousing would all be the same. Thanks, Wade.

“You cannot be disciplined in great things and indiscipline in small things. Brave undisciplined men have no chance against the discipline and valour of other men. Have you ever seen a few policemen handle a crowd?”
    - General George S. Patton Jr, May 1941

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The only difference in the frames is the ejector. It may run the 23 upper fine with the 9mm ejector installed or it may not. Swapping ejectors is pretty easy if it needs to be done.

Last edited:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Honestly by the time a person finds/pays for a new upper, you can just pickup a second gun.

Pretty common for people to buy a Glock 23 in 40 and then swap in a 9mm conversion barrel and 9mm mags.

Streck-Fu

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Noblesville
    The only difference in the frames is the ejector. It may run the 23 upper fine with the 9mm ejector installed or it may not. Swapping ejectors is pretty easy if it needs to be done.

Don't you mean extractor?

To the OP, do you mean to buy a complete .40 slide and put it on the G19 frame? You can do this and it would be the best way to do it. But it is more expensive. You could buy the .40 barrel, extractor, and magazines and swap the parts to change the caliber.

I had a G23 and did the opposite by buying a G19 barrel and magazines. I admit to using the .40 extractor with the 9mm and never had a problem but, in hindsight, I would recommend changing that part.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Honestly by the time a person finds/pays for a new upper, you can just pickup a second gun.

Pretty common for people to buy a Glock 23 in 40 and then swap in a 9mm conversion barrel and 9mm mags.

Making a gun fire two calibers to avoid buying a second gun seems.....illogical.

spockeyebrow.png

Sure it CAN be done......but another gun! How are you going to dual wield?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Making a gun fire two calibers to avoid buying a second gun seems.....illogical.

spockeyebrow.png

Sure it CAN be done......but another gun! How are you going to dual wield?

I can not argue the logic. I would like to add a Gen 4 19 to my collection.

sardog72781

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2015
    Carrsville
    Thanks

Don't you mean extractor?

To the OP, do you mean to buy a complete .40 slide and put it on the G19 frame? You can do this and it would be the best way to do it. But it is more expensive. You could buy the .40 barrel, extractor, and magazines and swap the parts to change the caliber.

I had a G23 and did the opposite by buying a G19 barrel and magazines. I admit to using the .40 extractor with the 9mm and never had a problem but, in hindsight, I would recommend changing that part.

Will the G23 gen 4 barrel fit in the G19 upper?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

I know my lone wolf conversion barrel and 19 mags ran flawlessly in my 23 for the short time I had it. So theoretically you may have some issues with FTE, but I personally didnt experience any in 500 rounds or so. Even shooting the dreaded WWB rounds. :rolleyes:

I am not a 'smith, but I think No. They make aftermarket conversion barrels specificially to go from 40 to 9. But not the other way around as I recall.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour

No. You can convert down but not up. Also you should purchase a conversion barrel. Do not put a factory G19 9mm barrel in a G23.

I have owned 3 different lone wolf conversion barrels. All of them worked fine in my Gen 3 guns.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I know what you guys are saying about this due to the illogical buy a second gun reasoning etc. But a lot of guys buy after market slides. Like the ATOM slides for example. Then they will buy like a cheap police trade in or an rtf2 or something of their liking/cheap of this sort and throw that slide on the frame. Often a 9mm 19 slide on a 23 frame or a 17 on a 22... And it works fine!

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Most people buy a conversion barrel when they want to convert from a 40 cal. to a 9mm.
    In your case, you can't really convert the other way around because of the ejector.

You could always trade your 19 for a 23, then get a conversion barrel
    Or, buy a G23

Top Bottom