• ...and so much more!
  • Tac45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2012
    SS
    Hey all...

Got off work today and stopped by my FFL and picked up my Police Trade in that I ordered from CDNN.

The condition listed was very good-excellent GEN4 Glock 22 with night sights.
    I would have to say that the description was accurate.
    It is a 2011 test fire date, has the older "frying pan" finish, which is a plus in my book. There is a tiny bit of
    holster wear on the right side of the slide, and on both sides near the muzzle, but barely noticeable.
    There is zero wear on the barrel...probably only qualified with it once or twice.
    The night sights are 100% operational. I have never seen "brand new" Glock factory night sights, but these glow pretty darn good.
    The most wear on the gun is on the slide release...which is almost silver shiny, but not a big deal. I almost ordered a new ext. one along with
    my spring kit and other goodies, but figured since I overhand rack the slide all the time, it would be a wasted expense.

I got home, and waiting in the mailbox was my gen4 grip plug, wolf spring kit, and 3.5# connector.
    The spring kit/connector took all of 10 minutes to install...replaced the trigger return spring, fp block spring, and striker spring.
    I didnt' do any kind of polishing, but may do so if I get bored. Honestly the thing that took the longest was the damn grip plug! The little detent thing is stiff! But it's in there now. The last part was a custom slide plate that will have my initials etched into it in "army stencil" type font, just for $hits and giggles. It should be here tomorrow...

The trigger pull is much lighter than stock, but probably not down to 3.5#, even with the 4# striker spring...I would say it's around 4# pull, but will check next time I'm at the range with the smith's gauge. Trigger is not mushy at all, still nice and crisp...just lighter. I really like it.

And the Gen4 fits my hand like a glove with the slightly shorter grip circumference..

Here the mandatory pics! Can't wait to go shoot it!

Glock222.jpg

Glock22.jpg

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    If you are used to shooting the earlier generation Glocks don't be surprised if you see a shift in your point of impact without a backstrap on the Gen 4. I really liked the smaller grip but it caused me to hit left, put the medium backstrap on and all was well. Kind of a bummer but oh well. I've seen the same thing happen to a lot of other guys who had years of experience with a Gen 3.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    That's a great deal. Probably carried much and shot little. I'm a big fan of used guns. It just means someone else has begun the shooting in process. Congrats on a great buy.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    What the heck are the police upgrading to if they're trading in 3 year old glocks?

Hard to speculate. I can tell you that it is not uncommon for a sales rep to walk in the door and offer an agency free guns (and sometimes holsters) to switch over to their brand. The competition is fierce for LE business.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    If you are used to shooting the earlier generation Glocks don't be surprised if you see a shift in your point of impact without a backstrap on the Gen 4. I really liked the smaller grip but it caused me to hit left, put the medium backstrap on and all was well. Kind of a bummer but oh well. I've seen the same thing happen to a lot of other guys who had years of experience with a Gen 3.

Agreed, I notice this most when I'm shooting my AA kit on one of my Gen 3 frames (my kit is made for the Gen3, I may need to drop the $$ for a gen 4 kit for the 19/23 at some point due to this) along side my Gen 4 19 with no backstrap installed at the range during the same session.

Top Bottom