• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bonkers1919

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Columbus
    Call a few gun ranges and see if they rent both guns and test them side by side. If you can't test both of them at the same time, write down the pluses and minuses of each gun you're testing.

Go home, feet up, ESPN baseball, adult beverage, and compare your notes. If you are still torn about which gun test them again but in reverse order.

Let the little voice in your head be heard......Buy once, cry once.

wildcatfan.62

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 9, 2011
    South Bend
    "LC9s, LCP
    Shield 9, Shield 9 Performance Ctr (with the ported barrel/slide- you CAN feel the difference)
    Glock 43
    ...and a few others

ALL of these can be rented at Point Blank in Carmel
    $10 at the rental counter- shoot all day

Pappy"
    I did want Pappy suggested in Goshen at a different shop -Shoot to Thrill. I tested the Shield, G43 and LC9S all at the same time. It's a great way to determine which fits your hand and that you shoot the best. After two range trips I settled on the LC9S Pro (left handed -didn't want the safety). YMMV but I just shot it better. Best of luck you can't go wrong with either. I've bounced all over the place trying to find the "best" carry for me. So far it's been a fun journey glad to live in a free state in America where we get to make these types of choices.... now if I can just convince Mrs. Wildcatfan.... Good luck!

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Shot 'em both, own the G43 (x2). Grip ergonomics feel better to me, and the Glock has a lower bore axis so perceived recoil is diminished; in fact, the G43 seems to recoil the least of all the single-stack 9mms I've shot (Shield, PPS, LC9S, XDS, 938, PF9, 709, P9/PM9). Ruger has a nicer trigger (longer pull than the Glock, but lighter and smoother) and is less expensive. Figure out what your priorities are and which gun best meets your needs.

indyff

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    I would stick with the same platform of your primary gun. I do love the glock 43 but it's a little snappier than the 42.

Yojimbo229

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2016
    NY
    Same here, BK.
    ...and on a functionality note, I put Taran +2s on two mags and cheaped out with the $10 Pearce extensions on my remaining four mags. Pearce is good for a little extra pinky real estate, cheap...why not?
    However, try a tap/rack with a Pearce and yowchie owie blood blister.
    Tarans are well worth it for the weight and flat design they provide. Mr."buy once cry once" had to relearn his own mantra and buy a couple more every couple months! Not cheap but well worth it.

p.s. the stronger replacement spring is really helpful when adding the +2

I run Tarrin Tactical +2 round extensions on my G43 to get past the short grip issue.

As for the OP... like someone said- that's up to your hand and personal preference. The LC9s trigger is a hyuuuuuge improvement over the LC9. Personally, fit and feel of the Ruger is not for me.

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    I have both an LC9S Pro & a G43. I shoot the 43 better & there are a LOT more aftermarket things for it (sights, holsters, etc.). I like both of them, though.

Yojimbo229

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2016
    NY
    I have both an LC9S Pro & a G43. I shoot the 43 better & there are a LOT more aftermarket things for it (sights, holsters, etc.). I like both of them, though.

This is what makes Glock the 500lb gorilla it is. ...along with being damn fine quality, simple and safe.

If you want to know your car will make the run in December at 0300 for the 2yr old's fever do you want to get a Jag? Try getting parts at the local PepBoys, let alone the cost once parts are obtained. (yes, yes, there are Jags -and Kimbers...and probably a Yugo somewhere- which have run like butter for years....no need to talk 'possible' v. 'not unlikely')
    Parts and accessories for Civics are practically available at 7-11....and we're talking going to the store; not 100yd shots on a lazy, sunny day or bullseye comps.

Ruger isn't as difficult as HK or CZ re: getting a holster (with a light, especially) but the options and variety aren't as ubiquitous as Glock, either. It really is a selling point when the pistol decision between two guns is neck and neck. If ya gotta gotta gotta have that LH9-MKii with a TLR-3...well you've made your bed and are happy to take your lumps when needing extra mags, a holster etc.
    Ruger is a great brand and I've had few problems w/ them (great service). I've had far far fewer with Glock.

Now, someone explain "mixed metaphors" and the meaning of "ubiquitous" for this ol' boy!

Ruger:Glock is close to apple:apples. I bet you'll be happy with whatever fits your hand/body the best.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    G43 or LCS9/Pro

Throw in the M&P Shield and I face exactly the same conundrum. Whichever of these I happen to be fondling at the moment feels really good in my hand. Bascially, too many good choices has led to gridlock on my part. Yep, I over analyze purchases, it's what I do.

I wish there were someplace in the Evansville area that rented these guns so I could shoot all three. No joy so far.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    G43 or LCS9/Pro

Throw in the M&P Shield and I face exactly the same conundrum. Whichever of these I happen to be fondling at the moment feels really good in my hand. Bascially, too many good choices has led to gridlock on my part. Yep, I over analyze purchases, it's what I do.

I wish there were someplace in the Evansville area that rented these guns so I could shoot all three. No joy so far.

Call up Right to Bear Arms in Haubstadt right off US41. They might have at least one of those to rent to use on their indoor range.

Top Bottom