G48 / G43X game changing 15 round magazine?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I got my third in the mail today and placed an order for six more when I got the email that this one had shipped. That'll make 9 mags for 3 43X pistols, I think I'll be done now lol.

maxipum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Bloomington
    Ordered three mags today and they have already shipped. I was wondering if any of you using these have also picked up the aluminum mag release ? Is it necessary? Or just a clever sales tactic.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Ordered three mags today and they have already shipped. I was wondering if any of you using these have also picked up the aluminum mag release ? Is it necessary? Or just a clever sales tactic.

I was wondering too. Was going to order one for my G48 and read about the mag release and I wanted to find out if it was mandatory for long term reliability.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I suspect the factory mag release will wear out pretty quickly so I went ahead and replaced mine with the aluminum version from Shield Arms. I can't say I've had more trouble getting a mag release out and back in on a Glock than I have on these 43X models but I got them switched out.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    I suspect the factory mag release will wear out pretty quickly so I went ahead and replaced mine with the aluminum version from Shield Arms. I can't say I've had more trouble getting a mag release out and back in on a Glock than I have on these 43X models but I got them switched out.

You weren't lying. I can't get mine out.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    It took me a good 20-30 minutes probably to get it out on my wife’s 43x. It was noticeably more difficult than my 19 was.

I finally got it, had to get a smaller flathead. All of my mags drop free nice and easy. Haven’t been able to run any rounds through them yet. Got to me in four days after ordering which was awesome.

NICKT93

Plinker
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Nov 30, 2017
    MORGAN CO
    I shot a 43X yesterday with the S15 mags , might be replacing my 26 here soon. not only did it shoot good, was accurate and then the 15 rounds is a game changer

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    I put 200 ish rounds through mine today. Had one really weird failure to feed. Face of the round got stuck on the bottom of the feed ramp, hard. Locked the slide to the rear and I couldn’t get the mag to drop. Had to get a flathead and pry the case back so I could drop the mag and clear it. Other than that they (3 of them) ran like a top. I should have examined the round as I’m sure it was probably ammo related.

Shooter5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Indiana
    I have 4 Shield mags for my 43X. Works flawlessly. I've probably put 300-400 rounds thru them (in total). I did change the mag release to the Shield aluminum release. I have not had any issues to date.

Top Bottom