• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Why I don't care for most of her music Lady Gaga really pulled it off! Pure entertainment and she actually sang!

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My spouse shut it off. She refused to watch it.
    I just let her do it.

I walked away and made dinner, expected a statement.

I think she probably did the anthem/etc at the beginning as a jab to those they label as non-inclusive... but outside of that, it was apparently a solid show. Not a fan of her or her music, but glad she didn't use it as a soapbox.

The commercials, on the other hand.... 84 Lumber and Audi, they really shot themselves in the foot. Companies like Hyundai did very well.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I've always thought she was a good talent that had bad judgment - as creative types often do.

She was smart, though. She did make political statements, just not the overt ones people were expecting. The soliloquy at the beginning was a shot at Trump's divisiveness. And the "Bad Romance" (lyrically referencing drama and revenge) and "Born this Way" pro-LGBQRSTLMNOP anthem? It was a good performance, and more than a little subversive from her perspective after the election.

And she's talented as heck.

Indy-Mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Carmel
    it was a joke, dude

I guess i loosing my edge. I got the joke on your first post about not exposing your kids to the possible life altering horrors of a being exposed for 2/10h of a second to a nipple. I'll try to do better, maybe I'm just tired.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I guess i loosing my edge. I got the joke on your first post about not exposing your kids to the possible life altering horrors of a being exposed for 2/10h of a second to a nipple. I'll try to do better, maybe I'm just tired.

Ah, so you don't appreciate my parenting choices. Ok. I felt it was best to not expose my 5 year old girl from some sort of sexual display, which is not out of the realm of possibility for Lady Gaga. I know, crazy.

Chill out, it's just a game. You don't have to be all testy just because the Patriots won.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm not knocking Gaga, she has great pipes and works the dance stuff well. Gaga wailing "You and I" is one of my favorites of all time. I do think her peak was 3-4 years ago though. Those songs are the most recognised, even tonight at the Superbowl. Her newer stuff seems to fall flatter?

I think as a rule entertainers are better suited to stay out of politics while attempting to entertain. While her political message was subtle, if not absent from this performance, the discussion and build up to it may well have had a similar effect?

Lady Gaga keeps political poker face while singing of inclusion at Super Bowl
    Her performance opened with a medley of classic American patriotism but also addressed race and LGBT issues through her lyrics

Maybe I'm just jaded from the Hillary backing anti-inauguration stuff, but it's hard for me to get excited about Lady Gaga anymore. She just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. :(

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm not knocking Gaga, she has great pipes and works the dance stuff well. Gaga wailing "You and I" is one of my favorites of all time. I do think her peak was 3-4 years ago though. Those songs are the most recognised, even tonight at the Superbowl. Her newer stuff seems to fall flatter?

I think as a rule entertainers are better suited to stay out of politics while attempting to entertain. While her political message was subtle, if not absent from this performance, the discussion and build up to it may well have had a similar effect?

Lady Gaga keeps political poker face while singing of inclusion at Super Bowl
    Her performance opened with a medley of classic American patriotism but also addressed race and LGBT issues through her lyrics

Maybe I'm just jaded from the Hillary backing anti-inauguration stuff, but it's hard for me to get excited about Lady Gaga anymore. She just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. :(

My spouse insisted we change the channel due to Gaga's anti-trump rants etc.
    As little a political activist as the spouse has been over the years I let her make this stand.

Entertainers/politics just do not mix. They need to STFU and entertain.
    Business owners need to STFU and do business.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Missed the political stuff as I couldn't understand the words. She did show a lot of energy and is undeniably beautiful.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The drone thing was definitely neat.

uiaiNcv.jpg

Also, as expected... Left Media going after her for not taking advantage of the platform:

C3_Qu0BWYAAaeMI.jpg:small

Last edited:
    Top Bottom