• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wrnyhuise

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    SW Indianapolis
    Let me start by saying i pick up my new M&P 9 next week. I have been doing a ton of research and studying of holsters. I want a good locking holster that takes more than a tug to remove my weapon. At this point I am looking for feedback from people who have either owned the Serpa holsters or the Galco MX4.
    I am leaning towards the MX4 with the hidden thumb level. It looks easier to use. Although i would love some feedback from people who have used either or hopefully maybe somebody has tried both.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I personally like the serpa's and use one on an almost daily basis, but have not used the other so I cannot comment. The serpa to me is a good blend of retention, and ease of use. To me it seems it would be quicker to find the button w/ your finger than w/ your thumb.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    I have a Blackhawk and like it. The release is in the middle of the holster, which is easily hit with the index or middle finger. I am not familiare with the Glaco model you listed. I do have a Glaco that for my Glock 19 and I am not really a big fan.

Reno_Morris

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I love the serpa! It doesn't get easier to use. You don't have to search for a button to press. When you draw the weapon properly your finger will already be along the slide putting pressure on the release button. It's just a natural draw.

wrnyhuise

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    SW Indianapolis
    for those who love the Serpa, I have watched a few reviews of it and one thing i noticed was an issue with the belt style that tilts the weapon forward resulting in an unatural position to hit the release. Have you ran into this or did you avoid that certain style?

Reno_Morris

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    for those who love the Serpa, I have watched a few reviews of it and one thing i noticed was an issue with the belt style that tilts the weapon forward resulting in an unatural position to hit the release. Have you ran into this or did you avoid that certain style?

You can adjust the cant. I use the belt attachment. I prefer it over the paddle.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Have both and like each for what it does. Use the Serpa more as I like the security. If anyone tries to snatch your gun it will resist and you can react accordingly.

AlwaysVigilant

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2013
    Michigan, by way of Indianapolis
    When I started shooting a few years ago I had a SERPA. It was great practice for a new shooter to keep his booger-picker along the slide during the draw. I liked the belt attachment too, and the adjust-ability was nice.

I got rid of it after obstructing the button with mud at a training class. I couldn't get the gun out and had to spray it off with a garden hose sprayer to get the dirt out. Never trusted it for carry after that (even though it probably isn't rational), so I gave it to an instructor friend to use with new shooters for the same reason I found it beneficial in the beginning.

I don't know anyone else ever having that issue, but for that reason, I recommend the other one you listed, although I haven't tried that one.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I would recommend a holster where the gun is released with the thumb over one that uses your trigger finger applying inward pressure.

But AV's experience highlights the main reason I'm not a Serpa fan.

I got rid of it after obstructing the button with mud at a training class. I couldn't get the gun out and had to spray it off with a garden hose sprayer to get the dirt out.

Top Bottom