• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Yep, she's "currently running loose somewhere in the Riverlands, her exact whereabouts unknown."

Also happens to be the name of our German Shepherd :P

gT4EBz7.jpg

I forgot all about that one, and didn't think about killing Shaggydog might have been a ruse.

That quote is pretty hilarious. Come to think of it, that hag from a couple episodes back dis kinda look like Hillary.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    There are some interesting theories floating around now...

Since we see the past can be screwed with and change the future... perhaps Bran & Co. are the voices in the Mad King's head?

Also... Bran the builder built the wall. Now with that mark Bran is going to pass beyond the wall and nullify the magic of it tearing the wall down. Bran the Breaker. Also foreshadow Jon told Ed not to knock the place down. Bran will probably warg into the Dragons and have them melt the wall

Also a big theory about Jorah becoming the new Victarion. The "cure yourself" cheesy scene... Chekov's Gun. There's a reason for it. He'll probably be cured by a red priestess (maybe the one we met in this episode)... have a crazy smoking arm and fight for Dany. They are talking a lot about the Lord of Fire this season.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Time travel is lame.

hey guys we're running out of episodes to tie everything together so uh yeah let's make bran like go back in time via telepathy and makes hodor into hodor in the past while he's actually holding a door in the present! Awesome right?! Gimme my dump truck filled with other money

You act like the series writers just invented that as a plot trick, all on their own. The Weirwoods as a "portal" through time is straight out of the books.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Kinda sad really. Bran essentially makes Hodor kill himself. Kinda dirty, warg into the gentle giant, and sacrifice him so you can escape.

Worse: what got me was the realization (and, I assume, Bran's realization) that Bran is the reason that Hodor transformed from Willis into Hodor. Bran crippled Willis just as much as Jamie Lannister crippled Bran.

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    There are some interesting theories floating around now...

Since we see the past can be screwed with and change the future... perhaps Bran & Co. are the voices in the Mad King's head?

Also... Bran the builder built the wall. Now with that mark Bran is going to pass beyond the wall and nullify the magic of it tearing the wall down. Bran the Breaker. Also foreshadow Jon told Ed not to knock the place down. Bran will probably warg into the Dragons and have them melt the wall

Also a big theory about Jorah becoming the new Victarion. The "cure yourself" cheesy scene... Chekov's Gun. There's a reason for it. He'll probably be cured by a red priestess (maybe the one we met in this episode)... have a crazy smoking arm and fight for Dany. They are talking a lot about the Lord of Fire this season.

There is also a theory that all the Brandon Starks are all one person. When Sam and the knights watch found all the dragon glass they also found a horn. I read somewhere that supposedly there is a horn could actually bring down the wall if blown, could it be the same horn?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    .....Just sitting here.....waiting for the Mount to wreck stuff.....

I would say that should start happening next week, but I think it's going to be the Highgarden army, not the Lannister army, clipping the Sparrows' wings.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    There is also a theory that all the Brandon Starks are all one person. When Sam and the knights watch found all the dragon glass they also found a horn. I read somewhere that supposedly there is a horn could actually bring down the wall if blown, could it be the same horn?

Speaking of horns: I'm disappointed that Euron's didn't make an appearance at the Kingsmoot.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville

But didn't somebody blow that horn already?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Benjen is Coldhands! I knew it!

(And that was sooner than I expected for that plot/character development for Arya.)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Benjen is Coldhands! I knew it!

(And that was sooner than I expected for that plot/character development for Arya.)

That was always my assumption.
    One other thing that you might find interesting that someone else brought up, was the about the direwolves and how they die. They die when their Stark does something dishonorable or something they shouldnt. Sansa lost Lady when she lied about it attack Joffrey, Robb lost Grey Wind when he broke his promise to marry the Frey girl, Bran lost Summer after he acts independently and greensees the Night's King leading him to the cave. Shaggy Dog... we don't know, Nymeria is off with the superpack, and Ghost is still by Jon's side.

Oh, and what do you think about Dany possibly being the real villain? I hadn't really bought into that, until this past episode.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    One other thing that you might find interesting that someone else brought up, was the about the direwolves and how they die. They die when their Stark does something dishonorable or something they shouldnt. Sansa lost Lady when she lied about it attack Joffrey, Robb lost Grey Wind when he broke his promise to marry the Frey girl, Bran lost Summer after he acts independently and greensees the Night's King leading him to the cave. Shaggy Dog... we don't know, Nymeria is off with the superpack, and Ghost is still by Jon's side.

Oh, and what do you think about Dany possibly being the real villain? I hadn't really bought into that, until this past episode.

I hadn't considered the direwolves dying when their partners did something wrong. An interesting observation.

Daenerys Targaryen is the rightful heir to the Iron Throne. I don't see how she could be a villain, except that she might shed a lot of blood to reclaim her families lawful position. That wouldn't make her villainous, only... "expedient." For example, if Yara and Theon appear at her doorstep with a fleet she is looking for she may agree to install Yara as the ruler of the Iron Islands. This will conflict with Euron Greyjoy and get him killed but I don't see that as villainous.

What I see as a shame is poor Tommen being manipulated by a religious fanatic. I see a great purge coming that will cause much suffering. For me, the true villains are the High Sparrow, Ramsey Bolton, Lord Frey, and the Sand Snakes. Oh yeah, and the White Walkers too.

Regards,

Doug

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

I hadn't considered the direwolves dying when their partners did something wrong. An interesting observation.

Daenerys Targaryen is the rightful heir to the Iron Throne. I don't see how she could be a villain, except that she might shed a lot of blood to reclaim her families lawful position. That wouldn't make her villainous, only... "expedient." For example, if Yara and Theon appear at her doorstep with a fleet she is looking for she may agree to install Yara as the ruler of the Iron Islands. This will conflict with Euron Greyjoy and get him killed but I don't see that as villainous.

What I see as a shame is poor Tommen being manipulated by a religious fanatic. I see a great purge coming that will cause much suffering. For me, the true villains are the High Sparrow, Ramsey Bolton, Lord Frey, and the Sand Snakes. Oh yeah, and the White Walkers too.

Regards,

Doug

Is she? Her family was deposed by Robert Baratheon. It's all a matter of perspective...
    And she has a ridiculous sense of entitlement. She plans on bringing foreign army of eunuchs and dothrakis to the 7 kingdoms. Lets not have any illusions about what's going to happen... "Dothraki's are going to Dothrak." They are essentially a horde of rapists and murderers... and in her quest to get the Iron Throne, she is going to use them to do her bidding.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

I always knew there was some connection between the life/death of Starks and the life/death of their direwolves. That suggestion makes very good sense. It would also lend credence to the theory that Shaggydog is still alive.

I'm not sure I understand the concept of a "true villain" in this universe. Perhaps the Mountain (in life), or someone like Walder Frey. Maybe even Littlefinger. But even with each of those, I'm conflating villainy with acting dishonorably.

One other (unrelated) thought that I had: there was a reference this week to the Brotherhood Without Banners. With the better-late-than-never appearance of Coldhands, my hope is once again raised that Lady Stoneheart will similarly make an appearance.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

Regards,

Doug

I think that Tommen is being manipulated not by the High Sparrow, but by Margery.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Is she? Her family was deposed by Robert Baratheon. It's all a matter of perspective...
    And she has a ridiculous sense of entitlement. She plans on bringing foreign army of eunuchs and dothrakis to the 7 kingdoms. Lets not have any illusions about what's going to happen... "Dothraki's are going to Dothrak." They are essentially a horde of rapists and murderers... and in her quest to get the Iron Throne, she is going to use them to do her bidding.

That's different from any other conquering army in Westeros... how, exactly?

Top Bottom