• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    I stopped in the other day. Asked what they would give me for a gun I had. They couldn't find it in the book.. the guy looked all puzzled.. and said well.. I guess i can't give you anything for it.. its not really worth anything anyway..

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I stopped in the other day. Asked what they would give me for a gun I had. They couldn't find it in the book.. the guy looked all puzzled.. and said well.. I guess i can't give you anything for it.. its not really worth anything anyway..

Sometimes you have to point out in the book what it is for them.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    With the classifieds on here there is no real need to trade guns in imo. If you actually price them right and dont ask new price for a used gun they sell quickly. Most handguns I have sold on here have been gone within a couple days.

Take pics, ask a fair price, and then buy whatever you want with the $$

Checkfoo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I recently started working for the Ft. Wayne store part time. Someone earlier mentioned 70% which is correct. We would appraise based on the blue book value and then give 70%-80% depending on if it was trade or outright purchase. Now it's a little different. 50% is all that is authorized. We have a pretty weak spread sheet with 100%-80% and <80% value categories. This pretty much eliminates the counter employee from the appraising processor. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I have to back it up since I work there. I have had alot of people become angry and frustrated with me when I explain to them the process then tell them the GM price I can offer. Some realize this is too low and move on, every once and awhile someone will view it as a personal insult and I get a little verbal abuse. It's good TLC practice and I can usually re-direct the wrath with the line "Sir, Mam, it's the computers fault for once, and not mine." When I know for sure that someone doesn't want to sell GM their Glock for $220 I'm within my right to inform them of face to face sales and give them a few websites like GB, Armslist, INGO,.........Most times a customer will leave happier than when he came in knowing he can get more back on a private sale.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Once in while GM will have a sale and prices will be decent, not great but decent. Trying to sell a gun to them is like asking to be robbed and raped. GM may serve a certain niche, but I avoid them and use gun shops.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Never done any buying at GM. Their prices are a little too rich for me. I've been once and decided that going back isnt something I can afford unless I know there is a sale going on.

I decided to visit the one on Allisonville before meeting a fellow INGO member and was in the marker for a Wasr 10/63. Once I saw the price of $679 I caught myself laughing hysterically. I then went to check .223 ammo and their Federal American Eagle was $55 per 100. Not my kinda store.

rcdouble2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2012
    Avoid GM, except for window shopping. Mostly likely you will pay 10~20% more than any other chain retailer.

IndyPb

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    Last time I was in there, (and they offered me whopping $100 bucks for my Bodyguard .380), the guy said they're moving away from used guns altogether, which is why they keep dropping their offers. Might have just been him talking, but seems plausible...

Checkfoo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Just him talking. There is no commission so sometimes less than stellar hourly employees will purposely do this to dodge the paperwork.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I just sold a couple of guns to Cabela's in Hammond. They pay 2/3 rds of blue book value.
    I've done some business with Cabela's there and I found this out too. Was told they have a 1/3 profit margin set on used guns when they buy.

You have to do your homework though and know what the bluebook value is going in then deduct the 1/3. That way you know before hand what ballpark you're in and if it would be acceptable to you.

I brought a gun in looking for an offer and the guy that appraised it lowballed the offer and since I did my homework I just said no thanks and left.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    If I needed to sell to a shop, it would be Bob at PSS. He's always pretty fair. A lady was in there the other day trading a handgun she bought off him, hadn't shot it, and gave her back what she paid for it.

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    One day at gm I overheard the price they offered a gent with a near mint marlin guide gun, stainless laminate in 45/70,240.00
    The guy laughed and headed for the door.
    Since that encounter I have purposly worked my way close enough to here 2 more gm offers , both in the same range as the first.

Top Bottom