• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChrisBarnes

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Greenfield/Cumberland area
    Stopped by there this morning in Castleton and found out they have made up a new rule that just stated today. They will no longer restock the shelves from the delivery they receive on Thursday morning until Friday morning. We have all be trained by them in the past that Thursday morning was the time to arrive early for your chance at the new items. One customer stated he called Wednesday evening to verify that the new products would be available on Thursday morning as usual before he made the 1 hour drive to the store. I guess what really burns my top is that it was just a blow off from the management about our lost time.

I will still go there due to their large selection and great prices but man am I upset about the lack of compassion the management showed.

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Yes, I was referring to gun prices.
    Fwiw i saw a bushmaster carbon 15 for sale there for $549.
    Blythes in Griffith was asking 1499 that same day for the same gun.

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Stopped by there this morning in Castleton and found out they have made up a new rule that just stated today. They will no longer restock the shelves from the delivery they receive on Thursday morning until Friday morning. We have all be trained by them in the past that Thursday morning was the time to arrive early for your chance at the new items. One customer stated he called Wednesday evening to verify that the new products would be available on Thursday morning as usual before he made the 1 hour drive to the store. I guess what really burns my top is that it was just a blow off from the management about our lost time.

I will still go there due to their large selection and great prices but man am I upset about the lack of compassion the management showed.

I can understand the guy that called and ask, but from the sounds of your post that wasn't you. What did you want them to do? Start a massive advertising campaign to advise everyone that new inventory goes out on Thursdays now?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    One customer stated he called Wednesday evening to verify that the new products would be available on Thursday morning as usual before he made the 1 hour drive to the store. QUOTE]

This is why there is still a shortage of everything firearms. People like this are going insane and purchasing when they don't NEED to.. If everyone calmed down a bit then supply would go back up. (Econ 100)

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Some INGO classifieds sellers, gunbroker, almost all LGS. Its funny how they used to be last place I would shop for my shooting needs, but they quickly have moved up my list.

Yep, I buy all my ammo there now since the LGS jacked up their prices.

ChrisBarnes

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Greenfield/Cumberland area
    I can understand the guy that called and ask, but from the sounds of your post that wasn't you. What did you want them to do? Start a massive advertising campaign to advise everyone that new inventory goes out on Thursdays now?

Everyone that shops at Gander Mountain knows that the truck comes in Wednesday Evening /Thursday Morning and is there to buy products. I have been there on several Thursday's when they open and purchased products. This morning 20 or more people were waiting out front and all were as upset as myself. Just upsetting that this rule was just put into play today and once again not even a sorry from the management.

Now onto pricing of ammo. Current Flyer from Gander Mountain has a CCI Mini-Mag Ammo can 40 grain .22lr 1600 rounds for 99.95.

If you search online this is what you will find.

Wal-Mart 104.00
    Guns America 160.00 + 22.00 shipping
    Slick guns 99.95 + 5.00 shipping
    Arms List 225.00
    Bulk Ammo has a larger box of 5000 rounds for 555.00. That comes out to $0.11 cents a round and the Gander Mountain price per round is $0.06 cents per round.

I am not a rocket scientist but that is a pretty great deal. I Guess I do not know pricing and need to goto school again.

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    Gander has always been higher on gun related items... That been said recently they are even with the current market. Expect that to change in the coming months tho. I use gander to paw a firearm that I'm interested in and that is really it.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Gander Mountain may usually have a wide SELECTION of merchandise, but I have NEVER seen great PRICES from them. I have seen great BIG prices from them, on ammo and guns.

Dagoney22

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    NWI-Merrillville
    Gander seems to be very hot and cold with their pricing and availability. Almost have to hawk the ads, that seems to be their best deals. As for availability on stuff....I have given up on calling them. They won't hold anything...so unless you live in the parking lot of the store there is a high likelyhood you are going to miss out anyways. But for pricing, watch their ads.

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    I went to Gander Mountain in Greenwood last saturday, waited at the counter for 15 minutes while other customers were being helped all around me. I didnt even get eye contact. I have been in the market for a shotgun and there was an 870 for $250 that caught my eye. I would have walked out with it that day but no one helped me.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    I've had good luck when it comes to Thursday morning ammo. I go to the one in Fort Wayne. This morning I walked out with a brick of 525 .22lr and 200 rounds of vmax 223. Of course this was the most expensive drive to gander mountain ever because I got a speeding ticket on the way up.

thatgtrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    I went to Gander Mountain in Greenwood last saturday, waited at the counter for 15 minutes while other customers were being helped all around me. I didnt even get eye contact. I have been in the market for a shotgun and there was an 870 for $250 that caught my eye. I would have walked out with it that day but no one helped me.

You have to take a number at the Greenwood store, just like at the deli. No number no help.

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    You have to take a number at the Greenwood store, just like at the deli. No number no help.

Then I'll admit that was my fault I didn't see that. I guess when I said, "Excuse me sir." a couple times one of them could have asked me to take a number. They just walked on past. My other question is, there were other poeple who didnt have a number ( i know bc they walked up behind me, then stepped to another spot and asked someone a question and were helped) why did they get helped?

Top Bottom