• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I get the concept that this is a free market, I really do.

But it's really not, in my opinion. Ammunition manufacturers must be Federally licensed and regulated. So in a sense this is a barrier to entry into the marketplace. In a true free market there would be start-ups popping up all over the place to fulfill the demand that the current crop are (for the moment) unable to. Obviously the hardware costs to startup are going to be big as well, but I would imagine (don't 100% know) that the licensing and regulation requirements add a huge time and financial cost to the new venture.

danmrt868

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Stopped by the gander in fort wayne thursday morning after dropping my boy off at school and there was line i said what the hell got in line. Took number when i went threw the door and it was #50 and the ammo was out by #20. Needless to say won't do that again for a while. Been lucky enough to find ammo here and there.

ChrisBarnes

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Greenfield/Cumberland area
    Yeah I agree with you all this ammo thing is getting a bit rough. I need .22 lr ammo for my plinker handgun and for my rifle. I am taking my .22 rifle to Appleseed with my daughter and it is getting harder and harder to purchase ammo for practice and for the event. I just think it is funny we have come to this. Jerks trying to make a fast buck off of the same people they say they are helping. When I have sold ammo i have sold it for no more than $5.00 over what I paid. I even offered to show the receipt. I think that we here on INGO need to be able to remove those who post sales of ammo that is OVER priced. They do not practice or show the belief we do in Guns and Gun Owners.

Ninja1310

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Stopped by the gander in fort wayne thursday morning after dropping my boy off at school and there was line i said what the hell got in line. Took number when i went threw the door and it was #50 and the ammo was out by #20. Needless to say won't do that again for a while. Been lucky enough to find ammo here and there.

That's unlucky :( I went in there last Thursday and walked out with 500 rounds of 9mm at #59. There was still a little bit of .22 left also, so maybe it just depends on which week people feel like going in to buy.

B6240

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    South Central IN
    I stopped by Gander Mtn on the way home from work about 1:30 today only thing they had left was some federal ultra match .22lr boxes of 50 for $25 didn't know they made .22 that expense the guy told me it was the really good stuff wow. I put it down and backed away when he told me the price. He also said there was 150+ people waiting when he unlocked the doors this morning. They got no .223 on this weeks truck either.

Engalwood

Expert
    Rating - 95.7%
    22   1   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Greenwood
    Yeah I agree with you all this ammo thing is getting a bit rough. I need .22 lr ammo for my plinker handgun and for my rifle. I am taking my .22 rifle to Appleseed with my daughter and it is getting harder and harder to purchase ammo for practice and for the event. I just think it is funny we have come to this. Jerks trying to make a fast buck off of the same people they say they are helping. When I have sold ammo i have sold it for no more than $5.00 over what I paid. I even offered to show the receipt. I think that we here on INGO need to be able to remove those who post sales of ammo that is OVER priced. They do not practice or show the belief we do in Guns and Gun Owners.

+1
    I wish I could post of the idiots that just turn 50 post fresh n post ammo in classifieds at ahole prices and just say r u a idiot? I wish the mods would let some of us police it and knock the crap off here on INGO... Just my 2 cent

ChrisBarnes

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Greenfield/Cumberland area
    +1
    I wish I could post of the idiots that just turn 50 post fresh n post ammo in classifieds at ahole prices and just say r u a idiot? I wish the mods would let some of us police it and knock the crap off here on INGO... Just my 2 cent

I feel that is a direct violation of the TOS of this site. To help like minded others in Indiana. Kick the people that are only here to make a quick buck off others misfortune.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Which cannot be found unless you line up in the mentioned lines.

Is it annoying? Yes, but it is the current state of affairs.

Want ammo? Line up with the rest of them.
    I just order the constituent parts online and put it together myself...

No line, no muss, no fuss... Plus I get to enjoy sitting at my bench operating my press.

captcarl

Plinker
    Rating - 85.7%
    6   1   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    ( To above poster I purchase at Bloomington WM or Martinsville when I am heading north or back down south, although they seem to get their shippments the same days/nights).

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I'm with MikeDVB. You guys can fight in the trenches of the Ammo Wars. I will sit back and load what I need in the comfort of my own home. :D

Engalwood

Expert
    Rating - 95.7%
    22   1   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Greenwood
    I understand u all loading. sounds fun and enjoyable time but how is it worth it when u r probally spending about a little less to load then buying new? I just don't see the time spent as to buying new ammo? I'd understand if prices were normal right now? I'm not tryn to be mean but maybe it's over my head :p

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I understand u all loading. sounds fun and enjoyable time but how is it worth it when u r probally spending about a little less to load then buying new? I just don't see the time spent as to buying new ammo? I'd understand if prices were normal right now? I'm not tryn to be mean but maybe it's over my head :p

Um... huh? :scratch:

Engalwood

Expert
    Rating - 95.7%
    22   1   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Greenwood
    Sorry lol might not get that. How is it worth loading when u can by factory ammo for about .10-.20 over what it cost to resold? I'm referring to .223 from what a friend was saying it cost him per round to make.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Those primers are a real ...

8itch on my LeeLoader when doing .22LR. So tiny! Good luck to you! <===purple
    Sorry lol might not get that. How is it worth loading when u can by factory ammo for about .10-.20 over what it cost to resold? I'm referring to .223 from what a friend was saying it cost him per round to make.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Adding up the costs ....

.... when you re-load needs to be sure to subtract the time involved when you "unload" it while at the range! That's the fun part.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Well, I haven't tallied it all up lately but there is a factor I like to call pride in workmanship to add to the mix. I like to make the ammo too, I like reloading. I like making ammo to my own tailored needs so when I shoot it it is how I want it to be and not the way some person or lawyer says it needs to be so the company doesn't get sued.

I like casting my on bullets too.

I HATE CROWDS AND LINES! I wind up wanting to beat the dog **** out of people who feel like the guy with a cane is slowing them down so they think it's OK to push through him so they can get to the ammo first. As the guy with the cane I can tell you, all you will do is wind up with crutches yourself if you tangle with me. Then I wind up in jail because YOU were rude.

So, I stay home and reload. It's safer for the dip****s. Understand now? :)

as for .22 ammo, I have four cases of it. I buy in bulk. yes, four cases, not bricks. No, not for sale. I like to shoot 22's. I buy it twice a year so I always have four cases of the stuff around.

OK? :D

Top Bottom