• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I spent the weekend looking for flip-up covers for my new Nikon rifle scope. I carefully measured the two ends of the scope (with machinists digital calipers) and compared it to the charts available online. No matches. I checked the Nikon website for 'official' accessories...No luck. Brownells, MidwayUSA, Cabellas, Cheaper Than Dirt...all no luck.

So, out of sheer desperation, I ran over to Gander (North Indy) and...they had the correct ones in stock. The price was fair, and they even let me bring my scope in, open the packages and check the fit before I bought. I have seen Gander get some bad press here before, but I have had many good experiences there, and thought I should give them a much-deserved shout-out...

+1 Gander Mountain North Indy!

-Paul.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Yeah, it is still there...no wonder, I see those trade for $450 at the gun shows. Some of the prices there are quite high...while others are quite low. It pays to keep your eyes open and make informed decisions. Gander Mountain isn't the only place you can spend too much...

-Paul

Last edited:

CtWest

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    Here
    Gander is high priced but I go in there a lot to use the bow range. Got some pretty nice and knowledgeable people too...

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    I"ll -1 them as I went in on Friday to look at scopes. Waited about 10 minutes for the guy to finish with current customer, ok. Then he asked me to give him a few minutes to finish up paperwork from the sale/purchase he just performed, understandable. About 5-10 minutes later he comes back and starts to help me.

I ask how much the scope I was looking at would be with a different reticle and his reply is "I have no idea, I can't tell you how much it would be." So I ask if he can check in the system and replies "Oh yeah, I could do that". Goes to check the computer and then gets called to the office for something.

I didn't bother waiting...

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Gun prices suck there, ammo is high and most accessories can be had cheaper elsewhere. BUT - they have a LOT in stock and if you need it NOW Gander is great for that.

Reaper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Fishers, IN
    When I went there to browse a few weeks ago, I made mention to the guy behind the counter that I could get the same gun for over $200 less at another local shop. His response, "I know you can. We can't complete with any of the local shops!" At least he was honest!!!

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I like the Castleton Gander Mountain. So far we have bought my 357 & my son's Yugo M57 there. Both times we had to wait for help but once we got the kid we had his attention. Their workers seem to be very knowledgeable. Almost a little too honest though. When we looked at the M57 on Saturday the guy pretty much talked my son out of it by telling him the ammo (7.62 X 25) was hard to get. Unfortunately instead of looking it up on his phone before we left Indy my son waited until he got home to check on the availability of the ammo. We went back on Sunday & bought the gun.

Top Bottom