is
    or
    Marvel-Avengers-Thor.gif

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I believe it stated up thread they weren't but then again I'm easily cornfused!

I think it was mentioned that the complex used to take Section 8, but the new owner doesn't now, and is actively seeking to get rid of those who remain.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    "seeking to get rid of those who remain" answers the question but that's easier said than done. Not likely to happen overnight and in the meantime, the beat goes on.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Heres an option

if you look close i think you can see a neighbor.

id move too

Well, if they live in an apt, and cant afford breaking the lease, I'm PRETTY sure they also cant afford a house with acreage. Or a house in town for that matter. (no offense intended OP)

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Don't know about the 'burbs, but in my central/southern IN travels I see a lot of rural rental properties. Properties advertised with signs, so who knows how many places are not so overt? Listings are out there to be found via classifieds, word of mouth, etc. My experience is that country rentals are much less expensive than urban leases.

If I was looking to get out of the urban jungle, the first thing I would do is post my wishes in the INGO classifieds AND in every thread even remotely related to the topic, (including this one.)

For example - "Hey BTW, we're looking for a country rental property. Please let me know if you have any leads. TIA! :yesway::ingo:"

Last edited:

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Church. The complex I live in no longer accepts Section 8 or HUD. The old owners used to but they have been working to get the Section 8 out. Most HUD recipients I know don't have issues some people do.

Masterdekoy, I live near the Walmart by Shelby
    I was just in that area. There are two obvious possibilities. The one closer to Madison would be the most obvious just by the look of it.
    The one just east of Shelby looks decent from a distance. However... the old shopping complex there looks very run down compared to the way I remembered it.
    I'm in Southport daily at my mother's place. It's a nice little area but still has a few problems occasionally.
    The world is a much smaller place with the implementation of mass transportation and mechanized mobility.
    Eyes and ears open all the time. No matter where you may be.

squidvt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Southport, IN
    Drillsgt is correct. It's very expensive to break my lease. It will be 2-4 months plus forfit my security deposit. Also my Ex likes to drag me into court for anything, moving and breaking my lease would have me in court and cost me several thousand dollars.

Cameramonkey, I wish I could get out like that. Cost is one reason.. another major reason is I work in IT. Living that far out would give me a long drive into work.
    Bwframe. The thugs know because I and several of my other neighbors were out there telling them to get off the guy they jumped.

Eitherway I'm keeping my head up and being a bit more careful for the time being. Level Orange for now.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I feel your pain. I also am in IT. I have the possible opportunity to buy my childhood homestead (all 3 acres) in extreme NE Hendricks Co. at cost from my mom at an insanely low interest rate (seller financed at as low as 0%). I am neither strapped nor flush with cash but it is not viable for me either. The relative distance from work, combined with the internet limitations (DSL and cellular hotspot are my only two (sucky) choices.) Add the fact that we would lose 50% of our current square footage. So while in some respects its glorious, in others it would suck catastrophically.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Drillsgt is correct. It's very expensive to break my lease. It will be 2-4 months plus forfit my security deposit. Also my Ex likes to drag me into court for anything, moving and breaking my lease would have me in court and cost me several thousand dollars.

Cameramonkey, I wish I could get out like that. Cost is one reason.. another major reason is I work in IT. Living that far out would give me a long drive into work.
    Bwframe. The thugs know because I and several of my other neighbors were out there telling them to get off the guy they jumped.

Eitherway I'm keeping my head up and being a bit more careful for the time being. Level Orange for now.

Piece of mind and safety are expensive.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Heres an option

if you look close i think you can see a neighbor.

id move too

A trailer on a piece of land somewhere is preferable to having this kind of crap going on around you. I understand not being able to put down roots like that because your career is young and in limbo, and mobility is important. So I'm not trying to sound judgmental, but I just cannot believe sometimes what people will put up with to live in town and have geographic convenience.

The Obama Administration HUD dept. policy wonks are throwing around ideas about how to "bus" housing assistance recipients farther outward into the suburbs. The stuff we're talking about here is not ever going to get better. Inconvenience and Miles are your friend, my friend.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A trailer on a piece of land somewhere is preferable to having this kind of crap going on around you. I understand not being able to put down roots like that because your career is young and in limbo, and mobility is important. So I'm not trying to sound judgmental, but I just cannot believe sometimes what people will put up with to live in town and have geographic convenience.

The Obama Administration HUD dept. policy wonks are throwing around ideas about how to "bus" housing assistance recipients farther outward into the suburbs. The stuff we're talking about here is not ever going to get better. Inconvenience and Miles are your friend, my friend.

Sometimes there are larger forces involved that keep us tied to and area.
    Finances are just 1 of them.
    We were looking to move farther out about 15 years ago but life has a way of altering plans.
    OP, Stay alert.

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    Sometimes there are larger forces involved that keep us tied to and area.
    Finances are just 1 of them.
    We were looking to move farther out about 15 years ago but life has a way of altering plans.
    OP, Stay alert.

If I remember correctly CM you live a little bit east of my parents. They had the same plans of leaving the area but finances and jobs have kept them here. Dad will retire from impd in about 2 years and mom can retire in I think 8. I moved into the border of speedway and indianapolis. But being in this area just for my short 25 3/4 years have worn me out. I've worked for my brother doing rehabs and have seen what section 8 brings and what goes on in the houses when your doing service calls. They have since stopped doing section 8 because it was a whole remodel of the same property over and over.

Most of the the trouble does come from rental properties. You have people who move in from out of town so they have no ties to the area and move to another area to cause the same problems at the next stop.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Even in my nice neighborhood of Greenfield, we've been getting some issues with the area. The area we live has a lot of rental properties and in general, is quiet. But, scuttlebutt has that two of the owners around here have been accepting Section 8 vouchers and have imported some problems for us.

Two houses down, drunken disorderly and fighting. Hood figures having moved into two houses on the street, plus you notice things: Our dog that rarely barks unless someone is in the yard beginning to bark. Motion sensor lights coming on at weird hours that normally didn't until the hoods moved in. Hand prints on the windows of our cars that weren't there yesterday. More garbage littering the medians. Etc... Etc...

I own my home, but regularly have folks or banks asking us if we would like to sell it to them for rental purposes. Take a hike.

Everyone says move, move to somewhere else. But as one already stated: cheap mechanization, mobility and Section 8 have allowed good, outlying communities that were havens from crime for all races becoming slowly eroded. White flight, to excuse the term, has allowed cesspools to form in town, but racial guilt created by our government has created the conditions for the cesspools with Section 8, welfare, housing assistance, etc...

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Last edited:
    Top Bottom