• ...and so much more!
  • Jubbie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Northwest Indiana (slacker)
    Guns took everything

This is an article about a woman whose 4 children were all killed, in separate incidents. The newspaper took a one sided view and attacked guns. After reading all the comments, I'm actually proud of the citizens up here, at least the ones who posted. And all this backlash is coming days after an Illinois cop on medical leave shot 3 people, killing 1, in random attacks.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    "The National Safety Council reports 30,896 people were killed in the U.S. by firearms in 2006, the majority between the ages of 25 and 44. That is the most recent year for which the council has accurate statistics.
    Suicide accounted for 16,883 deaths and homicide 12,791.
    Unintentional shooting deaths accounted for only 642 and legal intervention 360. The causes for 220 deaths were undetermined."

This is the telling statistic. Most of the deaths are crimes already. Are we to believe that another law will make murder "doubly illegal" and will stop these crimes?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Whats it gonna take to put these kids to work so they stay out of trouble.

1. Abolition of government schools and the culture of nihilism that they teach.

2. Abolition of the Welfare State--abolish HHS, Commerce, Agriculture, Engery, Education at both federal and state levels.

3. Stop the governmental attack on African-American families, ongoing since the 1960s and stop treating them as incompetent and less than capable.

4. Abolition of the capital gains tax and slashing corporate income taxes so businesses can expand and produce without taxation.

5. Aboliition of the minimum wage laws which is designed to attack African-American teenagers.

I have plenty more, but I'll stop now.:D

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Sorry for your loss Ms Johnson, the pain is unimaginable I am sure. My thoughts are that if I lost a child because I lived in a murderous city I would have packed up the survivors and moved. Regardless of finances or any other consideration. I would have lived in a tent in a field if that's what it took to get my children out of that environment and keep them safe. You had a choice and an option. Don't blame the guns, blame the idiots that use them illegally, blame the Liberal Political Culture that perpetuates this Welfare Poverty vote plantation and the many others across America. Demand more of people not more idiotic unenforceable laws on top of laws already there. Ask that the law 'Thou shalt not Murder' be enforced. It and nine others have been banned from our schools, public places and even our speech. Your losses and the growing losses of all Americans is the unintended consequences of Liberal Thought and Governmental Political Policy. Common Sense, Common Decency, Respect for Life and the Expectation of these have also become casualties in this Left Wing assault on Society in the quest for votes, money and political power over us. Stop asking for more inane laws and start demanding accountability of yourself and those we elect to Govern.

this was an excellent comment on that story.

Ed p.

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 23, 2010
    Greenfield
    I dont think a job will keep them out of trouble,morals and comman sense has to be instilled at a young age first. Nothing like a good a-- busting to teach a youngan right from wrong.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Whats it gonna take to put these kids to work so they stay out of trouble.

It isn't so much the jobs, as it is the cost to live what most consider a "decent" lifestyle combined with personal greed. There could be thousands of min. wage jobs, but most folks aren't going to put up with that when they can sell crack, meth, pot, etc. and make $7.00 a second vs. hour. Plus, $7.00 is basically like living on welfare, so why have to deal with a boss, waking up early, etc. if you can just sit at home and essentially get paid?

When home prices were through the roof, those with lower paying jobs could afford one. It isn't any wonder folks just give up at working at McDonalds or Sears and do illegal, and questionably moral, jobs. The constant thing we hear is this "American Dream" of owing a home, working 40 hours a week, etc.. Yet that isn't the reality.

With the massive decline in housing, two married, or committed, working adults with no children could make it on min. wage. They might have to take on second jobs, but it would be doable. The plan would be to start saving immediately and live a very frugal existence. After saving some money, then having kids might factor into the equation. The problem is that anymore, plenty of folks think everything is a right: Fancy cars, certain house in a certain neighborhood, having kids and not giving up anything, vacations, cable TV, high speed internet, etc..

Also, I think we have gone too far down the road for any real change. A certain segment of the poor/welfare class is going to keep having kids out-of-wedlock, they are going to keep doing what they see their parents do (steal, sell sex, sell drugs, etc.).

Last edited:

Dyerbill

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    NWIndiana
    No fathersNo respect for life
    Ghetto lifestyle
    Hip-Hop mentality
    The curse of Ham

How about the idiot chief of police.........responsible gun owners keeping guns in a safe????? Oh its my fault for owning guns where a thief breaks in and steals them???????

Jubbie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Northwest Indiana (slacker)
    How about the idiot chief of police.........responsible gun owners keeping guns in a safe????? Oh its my fault for owning guns where a thief breaks in and steals them???????

Speaking of which, this was in the Post Tribune's crime section.

A Gary police officer reported two department-owned handguns missing from his Glen Park home.
    Cmdr. Jarrett Bridgeman said he left the two guns on his gun safe Sept. 30 before he went to bed, and when he woke up Oct. 1, they were gone, along with magazines and ammunition.
    The two Glock semiautomatic pistols are valued at about $600 each, the theft report states.
    The report names a woman who was visiting Bridgeman as a suspect. There is no suggestion of a break-in at the residence.
    The department's Internal Affairs Division and detective bureau are investigating the missing weapons.
    Bridgeman is on vacation. Chief Gary O. Carter said Friday he would speak to Bridgeman upon his return to duty about a possible reassignment.
    Sgt. Timothy Tatum is serving as commander over Supportive Services in the interim. That division includes the front desk, records division and prisoner transportation.

Vasili

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2010
    Indiana
    six hundred dollar glocks? must've been bought from don's.

also, it's hard to lose 4 kids, and very hard to not blame the responsible parties.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I was so pissed off after I read that article that I took it upon myself to write the author.

I'm writing this in regards to your recent front page article in The Times. I am very surprised at the total disregard for fair and balanced journalism in this article. As I read the article I kept waiting for another opinion on the matter other than a woman who was so grief stricken she was ready to write off many other's rights. This is an example of
    a writer finding someone to voice their own views. This is elementary reporting, as one could do the same with alcohol (find a mother who lost their son/daughter to a drunk driver), smoking (find someone who lost a loved one to lung cancer), or any other tragic way to lose someone. Perhaps you should go and look at the facts of gun crime. The gun crime rates went DOWN after the sunset of the AWB of '94. Please feel free to fact check here. http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2009

I am looking forward to seeing the pro gun article on the front page of next Sundays The Times. There are plenty of RESPONSIBLE gun owners here that read The Times. I'll bet you could even find one of them that is passionate enough to give you an interview. Unfortunately, even if you do print a pro gun article next week I won't be reading it. You have just lost my subscription.

Top Bottom