• ...and so much more!
  • Jubbie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Northwest Indiana (slacker)
    Loaded pistol in courthouse leads to charge :: Lake County :: Post-Tribune

A Gary woman who came to bail out her male companion was arrested after she brought a loaded pistol into the Lake County Courts building in the government complex.
    Whitney Sharde Brooks, 24, of 5708 Cypress Ave., faces a charge of carrying a handgun without a permit after court security officer Mike Dorsey found the loaded .40-caliber semi-automatic pistol with a 12-round clip in her purse, Lt. Harry Warrens said.
    Brooks had shown up at the center on Wednesday to post bail for Darrell Loving, who had been arrested earlier that day.
    Loving was charged with disorderly conduct after he was told he couldn't bring his cell phone into court and refused to pull up his sagging pants. Loving was yelling and refused to quiet down, Warrens said.
    Brooks said she forgot the pistol was in her purse and told security officials she had applied for a permit to carry the weapon the day before. Warrens said the gun was confiscated, but Brooks can get it back if she provides proof that she has a permit.
    Signs are posted outside the building informing visitors that weapons and chemical sprays are not allowed in the courts building. In addition, cell phones have been banned in the courtrooms for several months.

I'll let y'all spot the problems with this story.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    3rd world people living amongst us?

thats how I feel every time I go downtown Indy to get NFA paperwork signed.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I think maybe I got 'em all - do you see any I missed?

Those are just the improper terms, fairly normal by today's journalistic standards.

However, when coupled with the sheer ignorance and stupidity of the subjects of the article, it becomes something much more - almost magical. :D

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    At least she only got charged with carrying without a license & not for carrying it into the courthouse.

Unfortunately, she probably talked to the person who took her application & they said it was OK to carry then. Or maybe she read some peoples (incorrect) posts on INGO & thought it was OK. :rolleyes: That's the danger if misinformation.

Or she could just be a plain idiot with no regard for the law as seems to be the case with her "Loving" friend...:D

DCR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    My wife and her friend went to the Fed bldg downtown Indy a couple years ago. They went through the scanner and the officer said to my wife's friend, "Ma'am, do you have a gun in your purse?" She was startled and said no, but they dumped her purse and there it was. It was a child's play gun that she had confiscated from her young son the day before in church.

Now the reason I bring up this story is to compare an oversight to stupid.

1943Izzy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Liberty
    If I'm in the court house to pay my property taxes or something I don't want every wacko, involved in something that led them to have to appear in court , carrying a gun in there either . It is your Constitutional right to carry , but that does not mean anyone , anywhere they wish .

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    If I'm in the court house to pay my property taxes or something I don't want every wacko, involved in something that led them to have to appear in court , carrying a gun in there either . It is your Constitutional right to carry , but that does not mean anyone , anywhere they wish .

Why?

So only murderous whackos are the only ones who appear in court? Innocent people NEVER get wrongly arrested & sent to trial. :rolleyes: I bet the majority of the people who are in court are there for minor violations.

What's to stop the whacko from carrying anyway if there are no metal detectors? Not all court houses have metal detectors.

Gun-free zones are a placebo to give people (like you?) a false sense of security.

Top Bottom