• ...and so much more!
  • 87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I'll stick with wood.

Jokes aside...we just converted ours back from gas to wood. Chimney guy that came out to inspect to be sure it was safe said he got tired of people calling him out to 'fix' the 'bad' gas insert he installed a year ago because they couldn't read the users manual. Said he quit installing gas because of it.

I am finding the 'inconvenience' of wood after just a few weeks...but damn, we love the sound, the heat, the realness of wood. I can see going back gas someday....but OK with it for now..

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Jokes aside...we just converted ours back from gas to wood. Chimney guy that came out to inspect to be sure it was safe said he got tired of people calling him out to 'fix' the 'bad' gas insert he installed a year ago because they couldn't read the users manual. Said he quit installing gas because of it.

I am finding the 'inconvenience' of wood after just a few weeks...but damn, we love the sound, the heat, the realness of wood. I can see going back gas someday....but OK with it for now..

Gas log in the family room. Wood stove in the front of the house. Toasty comfy.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    When we first got married every morning as we awoke I would sing a parody song to my wife to the tune of the Beatles "Norwegian Wood" entitled "Scots Irish Wood"...She thought it was funny the first couple of weeks....

She thought it was funny maybe once. She humored you for a couple of weeks.

Top Bottom