• ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    My sister-in-law and her youngest daughter were caught up in the backup on their way to Cincy Children's Hospital yesterday.

That, amongst other things, made for a really adventurous trip for them.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Sorry about the driver that passed but thankful the trucker wasn't hurt bad. I haven't heard anything about it yet so I don't think it was one of our trucks.

A fact on the fire. Most of the time, they just let the fire burn itself almost out. They do this for a few reasons. Letting the fire go almost eliminates the chance of a second explosion. The vapors are continually burning off. If the actual flames are put out, heat from molten metal can reignite the vapors causing a larger explosion. It also reduces the amount of ground contamination from raw fuel getting into the ground by burning most of it off.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I think they should do that with most fires. Breaks my heart when I hear about firefighters injured or killed fighting a fire in some isolated building. Wasn't there multiple fatalities at an isolated warehouse fire a few years ago?

Sorry about the driver that passed but thankful the trucker wasn't hurt bad. I haven't heard anything about it yet so I don't think it was one of our trucks.

A fact on the fire. Most of the time, they just let the fire burn itself almost out. They do this for a few reasons. Letting the fire go almost eliminates the chance of a second explosion. The vapors are continually burning off. If the actual flames are put out, heat from molten metal can reignite the vapors causing a larger explosion. It also reduces the amount of ground contamination from raw fuel getting into the ground by burning most of it off.

Bob2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    I bet there were some crapped pants in the opposing lane when that thing exploded

Top Bottom