• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    BK I have never thought you were the kind to blindly pull the L lever, but if the shoe fits.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Unlike some Libertarians who vote for the only Libertarian on the ticket every time and then say it's not mu fault I voted for the best candidate. Almost the same thing as saying it's not my fault I sat home and didn't vote.

I'm thinking about not voting anymore. I'll still go to the polling place, stand in line, autograph their little book, then say "thanks" and leave. I believe I'll feel better about myself by not participating.

BIGKAT9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Valpo.
    These Republican don't need any help from the other side to make them look nuts ,all you need to do is give them a mic. Looks like this seat will stay D.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    But it is ok if you blindly pull the R lever even when they give you a D to vote for?

I have to say that if 0bama was running as a Republican you would be wrong I would vote for the candidate who I believed had the best chance of beating him. Admittedly maybe not the one who I think would do the best job but one who was less repugnant and had a chance.

For that matter if the best candidate won he would be the lesser of the two unless your man is Jesus.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    What does she say about..... actual policy?

I agree with Rambone that we should be focused on the policy that a politician advocates and implements, not his/her personal life or religious beliefs. These are all distractions that the Powers That Be throw at us, while the crucial issues are left untouched, and our rights continue to be violated. For Pete's sake, we all believe in strange things. However, when a politician doesn't seem to know to keep her personal beliefs separate from her public life, you have to wonder how fair-minded she would be when it comes to actually doing something. By contrast, Ron Paul, who according to former staffers is uncomfortable around gay men because of his upbringing in a bygone age, doesn't seem to be one to let that interfere with his respects for the rights of individual citizens. But sure, let's find some evidence, and that shouldn't be too hard, she being a Chicago politician.

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    I agree with Rambone that we should be focused on the policy that a politician advocates and implements, not his/her personal life or religious beliefs. These are all distractions that the Powers That Be throw at us, while the crucial issues are left untouched, and our rights continue to be violated. For Pete's sake, we all believe in strange things. However, when a politician doesn't seem to know to keep her personal beliefs separate from her public life, you have to wonder how fair-minded she would be when it comes to actually doing something. By contrast, Ron Paul, who according to former staffers is uncomfortable around gay men because of his upbringing in a bygone age, doesn't seem to be one to let that interfere with his respects for the rights of individual citizens. But sure, let's find some evidence, and that shouldn't be too hard, she being a Chicago politician.

it does however present a problem when that politicians religion is muslim.....muslims aren't here to become Americans. they are here to be muslims first, youre national make up means nothing to them. if you need an example, look anywhere from scandanavia to England, Germany to france, spain to the Netherlands to Georgia, Serbia/herzogovina etc....hell, even Iraq and the surrounding area is only recognized by western countries after the artificial country borders were drawn in 1947. muslims are all abou thteir religion first, if you are characterizing them by nationality, you are a fool.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I don't see where she says gays cause autism.
    I took it that anything upsetting to her God (any sin) brings disease(s) of some sort as punishment.
    Could be using her God's name in vain, could be cheating on a spouse, not going to church...........a zillion things.

Why, me telling the liberal media to ^%$#@ *& might bring about an epidemic.

Sweet if only they catch it.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The key to this story is that it is a GOP candidate in a Chicago district that the GOP has no hope of winning. The result of that is the party puts no effort into it and they end up with a loony as a candidate. The same thing happens where I live except that the parties are reversed with the hopeless democrat a loony half the time. One time they actually had a guy that would have made a serious candidate, but he had an Indian sounding last name and lost in the democrat primary to a guy who openly said he was really a republican but knew he could never win the republican primary. It was really pretty funny, but the media ignored it because it was embarrassing to the dems. Don't get your knickers in a wad about some fringe candidate that the party probably has nothing to do with.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Well, the gop has thrown her ignorant ass under the Metro bus. In comparison, the young man who is also running as a republican in their primary seems well spoken and not a lunatic at all.

UPDATE: 12 p.m. -- Republican leaders came out strong against Atanus Thursday morning. Illinois Republican Chairman Jack Dorgan called on the candidate to end her congressional campaign, saying in a statement: "The offensive statements by Susanne Atanus have no place in the modern political debate, and she has no place on the ballot as a Republican. Her candidacy is neither supported nor endorsed by the leaders of our party, and she should withdraw from the race immediately.”
    Adam Robinson, chairman of the Chicago Republican Party, emphasized in another statement that Atanus "is not in any way affiliated with any of our efforts in the Chicago GOP, nor have we ever supported, endorsed, or assisted her in any way at any time."

Susanne Atanus, GOP Candidate: Autism, Dementia Are God's Punishments For Gays, Abortions [UPDATES]

9th congressional GOP hopefuls differ on many issues - DailyHerald.com

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    it does however present a problem when that politicians religion is muslim.....muslims aren't here to become Americans. they are here to be muslims first, youre national make up means nothing to them. if you need an example, look anywhere from scandanavia to England, Germany to france, spain to the Netherlands to Georgia, Serbia/herzogovina etc....hell, even Iraq and the surrounding area is only recognized by western countries after the artificial country borders were drawn in 1947. muslims are all abou thteir religion first, if you are characterizing them by nationality, you are a fool.

:stickpoke:

Top Bottom