• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Looks like we can add Geico to our list of anti-gun companies who don't deserve our business.

19084_4286474364749_45435130_n.jpg

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    It seems it is important to note that this may not be a reaction to the current political/Sandy Hook issues seeing as it was mailed on Dec. 6th.

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    Ugh. If you look at that Facebook post, you'll see someone was saying the guy is full of it and his truck was for a bakery. So they canceled his insurance for using a work vehicle for other work. He got butthurt and started it. Call geico and ask em

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Regardless of whose policy it is, the letter clearly states their policy is against insuring vehicles engaged in the "weapons industry". I smell more Washington arm twisting. It's the Chicago way.

BroodXI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Salem
    date mailed was dec 6th 2012, before all the gun grabbing hysteria. but then again, i haven't liked GEICO since they dropped me when i got tboned by a women with a suspended license and no insurance when i was 16. Have never thought about going back to them.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Ugh. If you look at that Facebook post, you'll see someone was saying the guy is full of it and his truck was for a bakery. So they canceled his insurance for using a work vehicle for other work. He got butthurt and started it. Call geico and ask em

My insurance can drop me if they I used my personal car for work (patrolling) and get into an accident. If that happens, I can go around and claim they dropped me because they hate the police ;) Not sure what the hoopla is about. Just like people on here have posted that an employer should be able to fire anyone for political leanings, same should go for companies to their customers (if that is what is going on here).

Last edited:

bartb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    Johnson County

I'm not sure that is true. If you zoom in on the blacked out address it says "Short Lane llc." The website for Short Lane llc is gunadapters.com.

I'd like to hear more about this too. I currently use GEICO to insure my vehicle.

iCarry

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    Porter
    I find this interesting because GEICO stands for Government Employee Insurance Company and the company was founded to insure government employees. Plenty of federal employees involved in the 'weapons industry'. I guess they forgot about their roots.

Top Bottom