• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • absrio

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Howard County
    Got to pick up my MultiMount from SSNFA tonight and try it out. Its host is a 10.5" SBR with a Spikes Tactactical 9mm Heavy Buffer.

When I first got this set up and running before the Multimount it would not cycle UMC 9mm. It would leave the case in the upper. I tried some different ammo and had zero problems. Tonight I used the same 124gr ammo with the Multimount and also tried some 147gr and started to have the same issues until I got to about ten rounds left in the magazine. I am going to try a the Rock River 9mm buffer and see how that does.

On a side note I mixed about 10 rounds and you could definitely tell the 147gr stayed subsonic. This will make a fun gun even better to shoot.

No pictures yet, they should come.

Last edited:

cgbills

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Avon
    Hmmm that maybe my justification for getting one. Do you have to do it through Gemtech direct or can you do it through a Gemtech dealer? I want one for my 700PSS in .308 or my SIG556. Who is a good Gemtech dealer in Central/Southern Indiana. I have heard of AAC guns. Sorry for the hijack:hijack:

mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    Hmmm that maybe my justification for getting one. Do you have to do it through Gemtech direct or can you do it through a Gemtech dealer? I want one for my 700PSS in .308 or my SIG556. Who is a good Gemtech dealer in Central/Southern Indiana. I have heard of AAC guns. Sorry for the hijack:hijack:

You have to do it through a dealer. And who in central IN - look two posts up SSFNA.

absrio

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Howard County
    HPIM2070.jpg

Seemed to run a bit better today with another 80 rounds through it. Still having some issues though. My last magazine I staggered 11 rounds of 124gr and the 147gr and could really tell a difference. It seemed to run better with 22 rounds in the magazine so I will have to do some more testing.

JLawsonTXRH

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Oh that is handsome! And this is the first I've heard of this sale! I'll be watching for the next one. Sounds like a great deal.

praff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    multimount on AR

I picked up my multimount from corey as well a week or so ago. Mine resides on a S&W M&P 9mm and also does double duty on my 9mm AR. My ar is set up as a pistol while i am waiting on my form 1.

I havent ran a ton of ammo through it yet, but have had absolutely zero problems with function. Mine is set up with a spikes 5" barrel under the handgard which leaves about half of the can extended past a carbine rail. I am also using a heavy buffer assembly. I have used winchester white box (bout 100 rounds) and 147gr gold dot as well. Both with no function issues. Here is a pic without the suppressor so you can get an idea how it is setup.

I had some functioning issues when i originally put it together, but mostly surrounding the trigger group.

What kind of magblock and mags are you using??? I would also try a normal weight buffer just to see if it makes any difference at all.

PM me if you would like to discuss in more detail the issues I had and how I resolved them.

picture.php

absrio

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Howard County
    I am using a RRA block and Spikes ST9x buffer (8.5oz if i remember.) I think part of my issue is my reloads are on the weaker side combined with a heavy buffer and fully loaded magazines is causing the problem. All my cycling issues are when the magazine is fully to 3/4 loaded.

If I can find my WWB I will give it a try; just not sure which ammo can its stored in.

GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville
    I have a spike's tactical upper with a RRA buffer,Bolt,Trigger Group, and new integral magwell lower.....I have problems getting the fired cases out of the ejection port and have gotten it tweeked in a little better by adjusting the ejector...I know the problem resides with the ejector because when it jams a round is partially chambered. They say 9mm's take a little while to get dialed in but run like a sewing machine when they are up and running:D And i just picked up my gemtech multi mount a couple weeks ago from corey at ssnfa as well:rockwoot:

Top Bottom