• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nm0369

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Indy Southside
    I picked this G19 up on trade, and took it to BGF today for it's maiden voyage. I've had several Glocks in the past, but this the first one with optional beavertail straps....I like :D

Ammo
    -100rds Federal 115gr fmj
    -16rds Federal HST 124gr +p jhp

Issues
    No failures or BTF! All brass seemed to be going to the 4 o-clock area.

Overall
    This Glock performed just like they should. It's no mystery why so many people choose the G19 for EDC. The addition of beavertail straps is a neat option IMO, and the M size feels great to me (slightly larger than average hands). I didn't really care for the 124gr +p ammo in this gun....accuracy wasn't great and recoil was noticeably snappier. Will probably opt for 147gr standard pressure defense rounds.

Side Note - I was impressed with BGF yet again today. I've shot at the range four times now, and can't find anything to complain about. The showroom cases were well stocked with guns, and pricing is always good!

15rds offhand @ 5 yards
    20130601_112611.jpeg

Whitey1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    I was impressed by how much the double recoil spring improved the felt recoil of the gen IV g19. Has anyone else noticed this?

MattyLite

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    I saw a Gen4 OD 19 last night on Gunbroker for $580 shipped....not in the budget though :(

What! You just have to tell your other half to find somewhere else to cut. Ramin noodles and water for the next couple weeks Honey :):

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I was impressed by how much the double recoil spring improved the felt recoil of the gen IV g19. Has anyone else noticed this?

Nope, even though I prefer the Gen 4s I've shot them side by side and can't tell the difference. Just my experience.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    I noticed a recoil difference in the gen3 vs gen4 21 but have not shot a gen4 19 yet to feel. FDE G4 19 is coming soon though as an EDC since the RTF2 texture is starting to get really old really fast!!

Top Bottom