• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    I think you are misunderstanding or taking things a little personal. No one expects you to answer to anyone on this forum, or any other. The questions and suggestions are meant for you to ask yourself if they are important to you. If they are, then consider them. Otherwise, ignore them. There's no requirement to justify your decisions. They are just a menu list of items others consider. Seems like you're getting defensive for no reason. Maybe I'm just misreading you.

In the end it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks or says. If ever there is an event that you need your gear, it will be totally on you whether it was sufficient or not.

I've answered most of these questions if you re-read my response. The ammo I don't carry is for training purposes. I have a light on my rifle, light on my pistol, and a light for my person all use CR123A batteries, and I use LiFePo rechargeables. I have 3 spare sets of batteries and I have some Li-On's for the headlamp which isn't a necessity.

My pistol light has on, steady on, strobe, steady on strobe. The TA 20 has 3 brightness settings and a strobe and is on a rail mount/grabber on my AR and stays there permanently. The headlamp has different color and brightness settings though. As far as the 5 edged weapons, well I do quite a bit of knife training and prefer to always have access to a knife. I think I am going to cut down to 2 folders and 1 fixed though.

As for what I want to do........ I have a bugout bag that is my EDC, goes where I go and would serve to get me home in a SHTF scenario or an emergency. It has what I'd need to defend myself until I could get to my main pack which would serve to attempt sustainment. I do have means of concealment, water purification, and fire making capability which I could post up pics of as well if needed.;) My proteus pack is like a fanny pack and I normally use it for day hikes or just really short trips away from the rest of my gear when hiking.

Sorry, I didn't think about posting up some goals with my gear, I have it in my head just totally slipped my mind here.

Thanks Richard, good to see you on here I had no idea but I guess I could've expected it. You're exactly right, it is inventory, but will be changing as I have time.

I don't want to keep repeating this. I do carry my gear, my bugout bag I carry daily and my ruck as often as I can. It's not whether or not I can carry it, it's how often I get to. I don't live anywhere near a sedentary, I workout 3-5 times a week.

Dragon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    I think people misunderstood my post, and some people didn't even read it at all. You could look at all of that gear and think I'm going to load it all up on my back and carry it aimlessly and this is how some seemed to respond to it. That isn't the case nor is it my intent and I was just trying to make that clear. I'm not taking it personally because we each have our own ideas and that's how we should operate when it comes to preparing for anything.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Yea I think there was a bit of confusion, Dragon's OP was about suggestions for splitting his "general inventory" up into various use (EDC, BOB, resupply, etc) bags.

I personally have 8 (yes eight) such various bags packed, stacked & ready to be tossed into the back of my truck at a moments notice, so I immediately understood what Dragon is wanting to do.

Mine are all purpose packed, 3 are individual bags for myself, my wife & my youngest daughter, 1 is an extended stay camp kitchen bag, 1 is an extended stay food bag, 1 is an extended stay shelter bag, 1 is an animal supply bag & 1 is an ammunition resupply bag.

The 3 individual packs are all geared towards 3 day, minimal requirements, light enough to be carried with ease & still have maximum utility.

The other 5 packs are "would be very handy to have items" in an extended evacuation/survival scenario but so long as we still had our 3 individual bags we could do without these 5 bags if we are forced to leave the truck behind for some reason.

Top Bottom