• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    Les George is a knifemaker who curently lives in Hawaii (yeah, hes rockstar like that...). He makes a FANTASTIC knife. He is always looking for ways to improve his work, and is completely OCD about making the best product possible.

Years back he introduced his Rockeye line of custom folding knives. Les names all his knife models after ordance, having been a marine and serving as EOD. The VECP is an offspring of these knives, but made using more machining and some mass production techniques (midtech). Think Strider and most Hinderer.

I have had a Rockeye custom for a few years, and have used it a LOT. This is a knife that 80% of buyers buy solely as a safe queen or investment. Not me. This knife works. Period. And the VECP is pretty much the same knife, with a few differences, using different manufactoring techniques to save cost.

the price? $350 at Monkey Depot.

You want to get out in front of the "next" XM18 craze? Here it is. Support one hell of a guy and a fantastic product.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Cubby, how does his CTS XHP stainless compare to ....s30v or 154cm?

Carpenter CTS-XHP is a air hardening, high carbon, high chromium, corrosion resistant alloy. It is closer to D2 in performance (hardness rating & edge retention) but has better corrosion resistant properties (added benefit of being a stainless) than D2.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    ALL accounts have it being a fantastic steel. ALL accounts. that NEVER happens. but with the grain the way it is and such, i can believe it.

THIS knife could very well be the next Sebenza, SnG, or XM-18. anyone know what the SnGs would go for just after release? or an XM 18 right now? double to triple original price. for a reason. the SnGs are not selling for that now because supply has been caught up with demand for years. the XM is still selling at ridiculous prices (yes, i have owned a few. yes they are fantastic knives. yes, you should buy one of those too. and an SnG).

and this isn't a collector piece. this is a rock solid, well designed, and perfectly executed working knife. tough and reliable. this is a bargain and a half, guys.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    ALL accounts have it being a fantastic steel. ALL accounts. that NEVER happens. but with the grain the way it is and such, i can believe it.

THIS knife could very well be the next Sebenza, SnG, or XM-18. anyone know what the SnGs would go for just after release? or an XM 18 right now? double to triple original price. for a reason. the SnGs are not selling for that now because supply has been caught up with demand for years. the XM is still selling at ridiculous prices (yes, i have owned a few. yes they are fantastic knives. yes, you should buy one of those too. and an SnG).

and this isn't a collector piece. this is a rock solid, well designed, and perfectly executed working knife. tough and reliable. this is a bargain and a half, guys.

Basic Strider SnG's are $400.00. SnG's with Gunner grips are $475.00. Then you have SnG's with "special" blade grinds that will cost you even more. Currently SnG's are using either S30V or S35VN steel in the blade. I'm not sure what the extra cost would be if CTS XHP was used. I doubt the cost would double or triple. Strider did a short run of SMF's using CPM-M4 and the cost only went up $25.00 more compared to the models using S30V or S35VN models.

Last edited:

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    Brad, I meant on the secondary market back at the time of release. Same way with the original AR/GB models. I believe, and I could be wrong, that the standard SnGs and the xm18s have never had a msrp increase...... Aside from a change in material.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Brad, I meant on the secondary market back at the time of release. Same way with the original AR/GB models. I believe, and I could be wrong, that the standard SnGs and the xm18s have never had a msrp increase...... Aside from a change in material.

Oh..ok....that must have been before my time. :)

So, I typed all of that for nothing! :):

DBH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Carmel
    Funny Joe:D It is funny though, I seem to carry only a sebbie and a miliatry all the time, but I am sure this will get quality pocket time and possible knock the ATCF out of rotation.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    i find it hard to believe i will ever see Huff without a sebbie or terz in his pocket! won't happen!

you should buy dinner and beers to prove me wrong. yep. roger ever show you his nice little mexican resturant. that you have to go into the GHETTO to find? ah, good times........

Top Bottom