• Status
    Not open for further replies.

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    Edit: Ok, worked this time. First time it said it was no longer available.

Yeah, Bush had a funny way of saying things didn't he? He may not have been our best pres ever, but I do believe he spoke from his heart and truly meant well. Can't say that about most politicians. 911 pissed him off but good and he did what he had to do, to spite what the media tried to sell us. I was glad to see him take some action as opposed to Clinton who could have stopped it previously but chose to ignore instead.

By the way, have you ever wondered what would have happened after 911 if Al Gore had won the election? I have a sneaking suspicion we would all be dead right now. He would have convinced every tree-hugger out there to lay down and take it... we wouldn't want to hurt the ozone layer now would we?

So, yeah. I think we got the lesser of 2 evils in that deal.

Anyhoo, funny video.

Last edited:

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I dont know, I voted for Bush twice, and not because of the "lesser of two evils arguement". He was handed a hard presidency and came through it without a nuclear conflict. I liked em! :)

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Bush did make a lot of mistakes, didn't listen to a lot of the people on the ground, and passed some bad EO's/Bills. OTOH, people bitch and moan that he squandered the "Surplus" budget that we had after Clinton. Well, DUH! Fighting two wars will do that... But then again, we could have just said, ok. They took out a couple towers. Couple thousand people. Here, have some guns, ammo, and food and water. Go destory other Countries and peoples.

No, he took the fight to them and kept them from coming back. nobamatard doesn't look, act, no show the experiance that he needs to deal with military operations. Hell he's going to pull us out of Iraq and sit down and talk with Iran and PRNK. Oh yea, America went from "Mess with us, we'll turn you to glass!" to "Hi, I'm BHO. Which cheek would you like kissed?"

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Let's see how many millions of people that President Obama frees from oppressive dictatorships; then we'll talk.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Listening to Obama ramble the other night through his press conference, I didn't find his communication skills to be all that great. He's good at giving speeches, a little halting off the cuff.

I think it's a shame that we've elevated someone's speaking ability to the highest level of what's important. Bush had integrity, I think Obama has already demonstrated his integrity is questionable.

I have no patience for the "Bush is an idiot" line of dicussion. Anyone who isn't just making a joke, but who truly believes that Bush isn't an intelligent man, is demonstrating their own intellectual shortcomings. I think history will vindicate Bush. I disagreed with much of his policy, but he got it right on the threat we face, and when the man told me something, I believed at least that he believed it. That's much more than I can say for the men who bracketed his presidency.

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    Was bush the best speaker....No Was he decent at giving prompted speaches....Yes Would he do okay on his own without a prompter...Yes

Is Obama the best speaker....No Was he decent at giving promted speaches....yes, infact very good Would he do oaky on his own without a prompter........no Can he get through a sentence without saying ah.....no In his last press conference did he actually answer any of the questions......yes, one, about A-Rod.....thats it

I'd bet Obama has had more "mispoken words" already than Bush had

Bush made mistakes, but he also made a lot of good decisions.:patriot:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I've noticed, too, that obamatard cannot speak without uh, going, uh, umm, I mean, yea, um, I think that uh uh uh uh, yea. :D

But by Allah give him a teleprompter or a memorized speech and he'll add passion and flair to a speech about the potholes and cracks in the roads or the chicken that crossed the road.

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    I gotta agree, we just can't "feed the trolls". Ignore them, talk past them, change the subject. I do that at work with the couple of tools who try and stir the pot by saying something they know will start an argument. They're wanting attention to try and prove to themselves they are relevant.

On the other hand, if a person with mental problems tries and strike up a conversation with me, I usually make small talk with them as I can. They are almost always innocent guileless folk wanting to be friendly. Very few are ever aggressive enough to need a muzzle pointed at them.

W wasn't perfect. I disagreed with him on a number of subjects, including his "compassionate conservatism". But he never wanted to take us farther Left than Romania in the 60's, and that's what's happening now.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    What we've got in this country are a bunch of brain dead people whose entire opinions are based on ones political affiliations.

Most of this thread is proof of that.

Dubya was and is an idiot. A fool who did more damage to our country than even roosevelt did with his new deal.

Problem is the brain dead portion of republicans simply cannot admit it for fear of being called a "liberal".

Guess what kids: Dubya WAS A LIBERAL, he did more to increase the size, scope and welfare state in this country since the new deal. THAT IS FACT.

As to obama. I can't believe anyone would try and act like that turd is much better of a speaker. He is gifted with a teleprompter (like clinton was) but off the cuff he has about as much sense as dubya does.

Get over it people. Dubya put the lid on this coffin. Barry is going to hammer down the nails.

and please.... GET OVER YOUR SIMPLE MINDED BLIND POLITICAL PARTISANSHIP! Both parties brought us here and if you aren't paying attention to the congress right now BOTH parties are going to do it again.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    What we've got in this country are a bunch of brain dead people whose entire opinions are based on ones political affiliations.

Most of this thread is proof of that.

Dubya was and is an idiot. A fool who did more damage to our country than even roosevelt did with his new deal.

Problem is the brain dead portion of republicans simply cannot admit it for fear of being called a "liberal".

Guess what kids: Dubya WAS A LIBERAL, he did more to increase the size, scope and welfare state in this country since the new deal. THAT IS FACT.

As to obama. I can't believe anyone would try and act like that turd is much better of a speaker. He is gifted with a teleprompter (like clinton was) but off the cuff he has about as much sense as dubya does.

Get over it people. Dubya put the lid on this coffin. Barry is going to hammer down the nails.

and please.... GET OVER YOUR SIMPLE MINDED BLIND POLITICAL PARTISANSHIP! Both parties brought us here and if you aren't paying attention to the congress right now BOTH parties are going to do it again.

:thumbsup:

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO

And your entire post proved that. Pot, meet Kettle.

Want to back that up with some provable facts?

... if you aren't paying attention to the congress right now BOTH parties are going to do it again.

"Both parties"? 3 Senators who call themselves R's from known leftist area of the US, and how many Republicans from the House voted for this mess?

Politics are part ofthe US landscape. Read some ofthe accounts from the 1780's. Or from Jackson's time. Davy Crockett was intimately involved in politics. You don't like it, quit reading the political threads.

:laugh: :chillout: :laugh:

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    W was a huge disappointment. The biggest plus in my mind was that after 911 Al Gore was not in the White House.

W and his Patriot Act are a huge disappointment and I am plenty scared of how the Obama will use that power when the big attack happens.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    "Both parties"? 3 Senators who call themselves R's from known leftist area of the US, and how many Republicans from the House voted for this mess?

Show boating nothing more. Many republicans voted for the last 850 billion bailout, including your heros dubya and mccain.

I can't believe the gall you are showing by trying to ignore all those R's votes barely 4 months ago.

Thank you for proving my point.

Barry is pursuing the EXACT SAME fiscal policies and big government spending dubya and mccain promoted.

There are the same. Dirtbags and traitors. The lot of them.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Why must these uber-libbies start such argumentative crap on an overwhelmingly conservative forum??

Without them it would just be a bunch of this :chest:. ALL THE TIME. That's no fun.

I love hearing the different viewpoints. But then again, I am on liberal forums as well. If nothing else it's good for a laugh.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    W and his Patriot Act are a huge disappointment and I am plenty scared of how the Obama will use that power when the big attack happens.

Here ya go El, this is what you are looking for. Oh and what Prometheus said about the bailout. Obama is merely continuing on a Bush policy.

Bush expanded the gov't so much farther than Roosevelt ever thought of. Roosevelt created a "nanny" state. Bush created a way to get around our civil rights, er, if you are a terrorist. (We had a thread in the past telling who was a terrorist. You know, gun or constitutionalist people. This was via the gov't themselves.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom