• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pops66goat

Plinker
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Dec 15, 2011
    Greenfield IN.
    Anyone know much about these guns? A friend just got one from his uncle and wants to know if it will accept 9mm ammo? When were these made? It's a very nice pistol, double action, 2 mags, 2 sets of grips, in original box. Thought I would check on here if anyone has any info..

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    so how do I know if its E. German? It doesn't look like an ass lol!

Pulled this info from Makarov.com - FAQL

"East Germany

These are often, but not always, marked "Ernst Thaelmann," which is the factory in Suhl, German, where they were made. Note that the importer, such as Century Arms International, usually made those marks. Therefore, if your East German Makarov doesn't have those markings, it's perfectly normal. Ernst Thaelman was apparently a communist party official of some notoriety. Iaco Saca means International Arms co. Sacramento California. Apparently they were the original importer. 9.25mm is the actual size of the caliber."

pops66goat

Plinker
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Dec 15, 2011
    Greenfield IN.
    here it is...

48167_10151277931880715_600350714_12343463_1883182391_n.jpg

doctrpt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Cope, IN
    Yes, nice gun. The Germans were some of the better models. Go over to Makarov.com for some good information. The East German mags have a little hump at the bottom of the spring guide. The Russians do not. Aside from that, they are great guns, very accurate and a breeze to field strip and clean. Lots of great information on the Internet as well.

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    central IN
    so are they worth much??
    Use 9x18 Makarov ammo.

One screw, no pins, easy to detail strip; assuming one ever needs to. A great design and very reliable. Mine feeds every hollowpoint I've ever tried.

I paid ~ $200 back when they were flooding the market. I wish I had bought 3 or 4 more.

doctrpt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Cope, IN
    Just bought my 380 Auto version for $265 on a Gunbroker Auction. Added $20 to ship it, which was cheap for the speed with which it came (fast!). I paid $179.99 for my 9X18 back in the day, when they were as plentiful as could be. Many have been put back for years in a closet, and show signs of lack of proper care and storage.

Top Bottom