• Status
    Not open for further replies.

pwoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Indianapolis
    But it is 250 round CCI Maxi-Mag value packs at @$54 a box! They also had a ton of 9mm Winchester and Federal and a good amount of Winchester and Federal .40 FMJ 50 round boxes. The manager said the 100 round boxes were gone in minutes thanks to the 20 guys waiting in line for ammo.

Ok. Whats your point?

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Ok. Whats your point?

The point is they aren't 50 round boxes...they are 250 bulk packs. And since that store limits you to one box per caliber, someone interested might think who cares to travel there for a 50 round box of mags when they are 250 round boxes. I know I would rather buy 100 round boxes of 9 mm and 45 since Wally World is limiting the number of boxes you can get.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Walmart on US 31 South is getting in a shipment of ammunition tonight between 8pm and midnight, per Bill in the sporting goods area. He showed me and another guy the bill of lading - not much coming in, but notably arriving is some .45 and .223. No 9mm, no .380, and no .22 of any variety is expected tonight.

Bill is about the friendliest Walmart sporting goods guy I've encountered, and seemed to know what he is talking about with regard to ammo and shipments.

Shelves were empty, though plenty of shotshells in every gauge. Though thinking back ,not sure I saw any 10ga.

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    Midway's shipping charges are outrageous. I was going to buy a 500 brick of 22lr for $20.99 until the site added a $20 shipping charge. I promptly emptied my shopping cart.

DocHoliday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Midway's shipping charges are outrageous. I was going to buy a 500 brick of 22lr for $20.99 until the site added a $20 shipping charge. I promptly emptied my shopping cart.

What was shipping for ammo before December? I've never bought ammo from Midway but had some reminders sent to me. I did the same thing with canceling my order when I saw the shipping cost.

mik1202002

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Feb 12, 2009
    Greencastle
    question is, will Walmart re-stock tomorrow and monday during the holidays?

The wife and I were doing our weekly grocery shopping at Wal-mart. So I went by sporting goods, they had some 9mm 3 federal bulk packs and maybe 6 Winchester boxes of 50. I told him I'd take the 3 bulk packs, $21.37 a box. He said ill sell you one box. I have to save the rest for in the morning so there is some when the other people come in. I was shocked because the only thing limited was .22 one box per day. 3 boxes for all others he finally sold me two bulk packs. I still don't see what the big deal was unless he was saving it for someone. He also said they only put out half and keep the other half in the back in the cabinet. Has only one else heard this?

wolfeden

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Medaryville
    What was shipping for ammo before December? I've never bought ammo from Midway but had some reminders sent to me. I did the same thing with canceling my order when I saw the shipping cost.
    I have never paid more then say $12.00 or so for shipping on anything from them. Why is the ammo so much more. I also canceled an order because of this. Are they adding hazard fees?

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    The wife and I were doing our weekly grocery shopping at Wal-mart. So I went by sporting goods, they had some 9mm 3 federal bulk packs and maybe 6 Winchester boxes of 50. I told him I'd take the 3 bulk packs, $21.37 a box. He said ill sell you one box. I have to save the rest for in the morning so there is some when the other people come in. I was shocked because the only thing limited was .22 one box per day. 3 boxes for all others he finally sold me two bulk packs. I still don't see what the big deal was unless he was saving it for someone. He also said they only put out half and keep the other half in the back in the cabinet. Has only one else heard this?

No, but I have shown up to a walmart, and bought ammo that the sporting goods guy said didnt exist. (get a manager, feel like an *******) Im sure they are either flipping it, or being paid to hold it for a flipper. Im done dealing with the *******s that have come out of the woodwork during this whole deal. I got my ammo stock, I will sit on it, and hope the flippers choke on theirs.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom