• Status
    Not open for further replies.

brentlh

Marksman
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    May 11, 2012
    Muncie
    I have been waiting over 3 months for an order I placed at Targetsportsusa.com When I placed my order the item was in stock and was told to expect 3-4 weeks. When that time period was up I contacted them and was told to wait another 2-8 weeks! I was not happy. Now it is past that 12 weeks period and when I asked when to expect it he said hopefully soon. :rolleyes:

sloss76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    NA
    That was a good tip, but I started to get 5 boxes and by the time I added in shipping (8.95) and tax it wasn't such a great deal, so I canceled. It would be different if you could order enough to make the shipping worthwhile.

Best bet is to add some other 223 or diff calibers that they have in stock to help lessen the shipping. Or do a ship to store if you are close to Louisville or Chicago.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Your premise is flawed. People line up where they can simply get ammo, not to save a few bucks. I suspect most, like me and my brother, simply want to find enough to get some practice in at the range and go shoot an Appleseed without using up most of what we have.

Oh tuffin up Sally!

I didn't insult everyone.......only the ones standing in a cheese line for 3 hours to save $20. I say the same thing about all them Black Friday shoppers. You ever been around people who work harder avoiding work then if they would just do the work and be done......

I laugh at people who stand in line to eat as well.....not insulting them, just find it humorous that this day and age....with all the places to eat, that people would stand like sheep waiting to be fed. You ever been to Gray's on a Sunday afternoon?

You ever waited 3 hours to eat Cheddars when you could go across the street to Waffle House or Steak N Shake and eat now?

Have you ever known someone who will drive 10 miles to save $1 on a gallon of milk, only to charge it @ 29.9%?

I have been known to stand in a line....and Lord knows I didn't feel insulted when they said "Only a nut would stand in a line to go to a race and watch cars go in circles"...I simply accepted that I was a nut :)

Best to you.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Some gun shops have ammo...no line, no wait....it's just a tad more in cost but a lot less hassle. PSS has had 22LR for over a month for $44.95 a brick. More power to those who don't mind waiting.....I just have never been that type.

Your premise is flawed. People line up where they can simply get ammo, not to save a few bucks. I suspect most, like me and my brother, simply want to find enough to get some practice in at the range and go shoot an Appleseed without using up most of what we have.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Try adding items to your cart and leaving them there. As deals come up over a couple of weeks you can add more and they will stay in your cart. Once you have 3 or four there you can place the order combining the shipping to get everything together. The older items will probably back order but you won't pay extra shipping and you will get them when they get back in stock. If you can wait for some of the stuff and dont need it in three days. I can confirm it works and have done it. Plus I currently have the herters, Winchester and freedom 5.56, 223 sitting in my cart.

**Cabelas** edit
    Good idea! The limit applies when I check out though, right? In other words, I can't add 5 boxes to my cart today, add 5 more tomorrow, etc. (same brand), correct?.

Cldedhnds

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Hendricks
    ^^^^Right. Limit still applies but you can combine different deals. Better still if you need other things aside from ammo leave them in cart and they are ready for checkout. Deals go out of stock quick and in a pinch having other items ready to combine shipping with helps the process.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Does Cabelas have specials often? I was looking at some of their other ammo and it's a little salty @ regular price. I set up an account and I think I signed up for their email flyers, so I guess I'll find out, huh? :):

sloss76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    NA
    Does Cabelas have specials often? I was looking at some of their other ammo and it's a little salty @ regular price. I set up an account and I think I signed up for their email flyers, so I guess I'll find out, huh? :):

I think, and I dont have specific experience with this beyond what I see in their product data, but it seems like they send out catalogs every so often and the same product may be in different catalogs at different prices. It just depends on the item number you use that determines the price. So that Herter's .223 must have been in some sort of promotional piece with that FD or AD prefix on it for that price.

If you can find it in bulk the prices are not too terribly bad, but they have been limiting quantities lately. The 1000 rd box of that herters is @300 shipped but haven't seen it out there in a while.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    That's good to know. I'll keep my eyes peeled! Funny... when I was a kid, I always looked forward to my dad ordering our fishing supplies for our annual Canada trip from the Herters catalog, so seeing the Herters name brings back good memories! :)

rraynes07

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2013
    SS Indianapolis

I can say I usually go to Indy Trading Post to shoot 50-100 rounds at a time. When i was there last week, they had plenty of ammo it seemed. The only issue was, as stated, you will be paying. It was around $0.45-0.50 per round on my 9mm and .40 cal.

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    The Merrillville Wal-Mart got 420-round cans of Federal XM855 in on the truck this afternoon. I don't know if they put their ammo out in the evenings or mornings, but good luck to everyone in that area. :)

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    8:30pm May 12 Walmart in Avon has 30 red boxes of Winchester .556

Some gun shops have ammo...no line, no wait....it's just a tad more in cost but a lot less hassle. PSS has had 22LR for over a month for $44.95 a brick. More power to those who don't mind waiting.....I just have never been that type.

Some people have more money than time and others have more time than money.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    Correction

8:30pm May 12 Walmart in Avon has 30 red boxes of Winchester .556

I HATE the auto-correct on my phone, especially if I am in a hurry and do not have time to pay attention to it. The post should have read 20 round boxes... No line at the time I was there. Had at least 20 of them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom