• Status
    Not open for further replies.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Thanks, I said it two ways because it is often one or the other on a website and I didn't want folks to get confused. UMC "Leadless" was what I used to but but like was said,it has become pretty expensive. Thanks again gents!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Looking for 9mm Para, 147 flat point, truncated cone, jacketed ammo. I like it for the range and would like to add to my pile. :):

Thanks, I said it two ways because it is often one or the other on a website and I didn't want folks to get confused. UMC "Leadless" was what I used to but but like was said,it has become pretty expensive. Thanks again gents!

If I knew that was what you were looking for I'd have posted earlier. You said Para so I didn't associate it with anything I typically shoot.

Yeah, I wish the UMC leadless were as available as it was before December 2012. If it's the "leadless" aspect you like, you might try finding Speer Lawman Cleanfire. That's hard to find as well though. But I have found it at reasonable prices on rare occasions.

Speer calls it TMJ (total metal jacket) as it's completely encapsulated. It didn't leave the cases as clean as the UMC though, but I actually liked it better because it felt more like my carry ammo (Gold Dot) to shoot. One thing about it I didn't like, it made my guns smell like ass.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If you're into 10mm...

Just got back from Cabela's. They had Sig Sauer 10mm for $23.99/box of 50, which I think is a very good price these days.

Sig's 10mm ammo is one of my favorites to shoot. It's not quite Underwood, but at 1250ft/s for 180gr, it's not that much softer than Underwood's 180gr at 1300fp/s. And it's always been very consistent.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Cabelas in Noblesville has IMI 5.56 green tip 62 gr M855 for $7.99 a box.

Not the greatest deal in the world, but not bad. And plenty on the shelf.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I was just at WalMart on US31 on the southside of Indy just north of stop 11 and south of Southport rd.
    They're clearing out a lot of ammo.
    Shotgun shells $2.50 a box AND.....243, 270, and 22-250 Federal for $5 a box of 20 in case any one needs any. I had to go back up front and get a cart instead of the little basket. I filled a few holes on the ammo shelves for a lot less money.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    I was just at WalMart on US31 on the southside of Indy just north of stop 11 and south of Southport rd.
    They're clearing out a lot of ammo.
    Shotgun shells $2.50 a box AND.....243, 270, and 22-250 Federal for $5 a box of 20 in case any one needs any. I had to go back up front and get a cart instead of the little basket. I filled a few holes on the ammo shelves for a lot less money.

Interesting!! I was just at WM in Avon and they had more ammo in stock than they've had in a while. Didn't notice any great prices though.

Matt

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom