• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShadeAngel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2012
    Off the Grid.
    My sister-in-law is trying to get a gun permit in Muncie. She's called up local PD to do the fingerprinting but they claimed they no longer do it, they referred her to the L1 system. The only problem is she works during the day and none of the local L1 agencies stay open long enough for her to get there and do it. She also doesn't have any vacation days or any sick time as she just switched jobs. Any ideas on how she can get it done with it not interfering with her work schedule? Thanks for your time guys.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    she will probably have to take time off.. Even before the L1 system local towns often set time limits on when one could file for a LTCH.. as far as I know no court case challenged this & won..
    It is a once in a lifetime thing now.. so just take a day & get the permit..

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Before the L1 system was implemented my local police station only did it on Wednesdays from the hours of noon til three. The new system is much better, you're just going to have to work around it.

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    Have her call some of the local PD's. A lot of them still do ink prints. I am not sure the ISP will accept them though.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    The problem with using paper prints is you will in most cases add months to your wait time to receive your permit..

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    The problem with using paper prints is you will in most cases add months to your wait time to receive your permit..

Yes sir it can go slower. L1 sent the prints to the state, then the the state called and wanted to know where is the prints? I had to call the Delaware County and he said they were on the desk waiting for enough to send to the state so he had to 'express ' the prints to the state.

Tankerdave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    N E Indiana
    L1 does it at the Bowen Center on Tuesdays from 4-7 pm. I am finally going to get mine done the week after Christmas since I will be on vacation. You can use there website to set up time and pay in advance or call and set time and pay day you go but I'm not sure how they accept payment there. This is at the Bowen Center in Huntington.

Last edited:

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Yes sir it can go slower. L1 sent the prints to the state, then the the state called and wanted to know where is the prints? I had to call the Delaware County and he said they were on the desk waiting for enough to send to the state so he had to 'express ' the prints to the state.

When I did my lifetime at the Alexandria PD earlier this year, I did paper prints. After printing the Officer gave ME the prints and the clerk at the front desk gave me a pre- printed envelope to mail my prints to the State Police in Indy.
    Mine took 4 months and 4 days, Once I was locally approved, for the State Police to approve me. People that did paperless in most cases had their permits in 2 weeks or less.
    And I'll add that I have no record. They should just stop taking paper prints or at the least tell people how long it really is going to be to get your license using paper prints. The State website says its only a few extra days for a using paper prints.

mdemetz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    NW Elkhart Co.
    When I did my lifetime at the Alexandria PD earlier this year, I did paper prints. After printing the Officer gave ME the prints and the clerk at the front desk gave me a pre- printed envelope to mail my prints to the State Police in Indy.
    Elkhart County Sheriff still does it that way or you can do the L1. You must start the application process inline.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom