• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    I've shot almost all of my 30 round magazines and the only ones I can find on line and in stores are already empty too. Really, one of our elected officials behind the ban on high capacity magazines doesn't know they can be reloaded? I can't believe the people in this country are stupid enough to elect people like Representative Diana DeGette. My wife reminded me that the people of Colorado aren't stupid, just stoned.

funeralweb

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    Not to mention that most of these people continue to get re-elected and only leave office by their own choice or natural causes.

Really, one of our elected officials behind the ban on high capacity magazines doesn't know they can be reloaded? I can't believe the people in this country are stupid enough to elect people like Representative Diana DeGette.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    We are governed by people that do not know the difference between an automatic rifle and an automatic first down.

This happens in every topic that government addresses.

Healthcare? "Reforms" put out by a lawyer that smokes.

Reviving the economy? Tons of money spent by people that have never run a lemonade stand.

Gun control is no different. Ask them questions. Ask her what a magazine is. Ask her what a shoulder thing that goes up is. Prove them fools, ask them questions.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I deem you qualified

Thank you. I hereby repeal all statutory law and regulations, and deem that federal law is null and void on the soil of the State of Indiana, unless expressly allowed under the Constitution. And that the Commerce Clause only applies to commerce between the States.

Ah, that feels better!

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    I've shot almost all of my 30 round magazines and the only ones I can find on line and in stores are already empty too. Really, one of our elected officials behind the ban on high capacity magazines doesn't know they can be reloaded? I can't believe the people in this country are stupid enough to elect people like Representative Diana DeGette. My wife reminded me that the people of Colorado aren't stupid, just stoned.

That really SUCKS! I keep hoping some innovative entrepreneur will come up with some way to reload these things. It seems a terrible waste of resources to throw these otherwise perfectly good magazines (or is that clips??) away after one use.

And for the life of me, I can't understand why anyone would buy one that is already empty!

echoagain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    The details are irrelevant to the anti-gun crowd. They don't know anything about guns and they have no interest in learning. Whether or not laws would result in crime reduction or changes in safety of kids/schools is equally irrelevant. The ultimate issue is that guns represent a culture of individual empowerment of citizens, instead of an empowerment of government. This is intolerable to those on the left and they will take advantage of any opportunity, no matter how tragic, to push their political agenda forward.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    If they bothered to learn about guns they would know how fun they are and come to our side of the debate!

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    is there a YouTube video that shows how to load a 30 round mag? I have lots of mags that I have shot all the bullets out of and I'm glad I kept them now......:):

saberstar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Bloomington, IN
    I must be a strange person because if I know little about a subject I keep my mouth shut and listen to learn about the subject. WTF is wrong with these people trying to pass laws in which they know nothing of the subject.

hokie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    The best part is she actually went out and corrected herself.

By saying that she was talking about clips, not magazines, because duh magazines can be reloaded. Clips on the other hand are disposed of after using them.

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    :):
    And in typical fashion, DeGette spokeswoman called criticism of her remarks "just another example of opponents of common-sense gun-violence prevention trying to manipulate the facts to distract from the critical issue of keeping our children safe and keeping killing machines out of the hands of disturbed individuals. It's more political gamesmanship that stands in the way of responsible solutions."

Pretty well sums up the gun-control/restriction/prohibition mindset and argument in a nutshell.

Replace portions in red with other shock-value terms or phrases, delivered with an accusatory tone, hateful glare, condescending smirk, and hands on hips.

Replace "common-sense gun violence prevention" with whatever existing or proposed legislation to ban, license, register, tax, require background "check" as a prerequisite for keeping and bearing, or any other restriction one can come up with.

Replace "keeping our children safe" with "safer society", or something to do with "public safety".

Replace "killing machine" with any combination of "assault weapon", or highpoweredhighcapacitymilitarygradebulletsprayingdeathmachine, especially if it has an "assaultbananaclip", a baby-killing bayonet lug or a "shoulder thing(y) that goes up".

If that doesn't work, hit 'em with the ol' "rocket launcher/bazooka" or nuke/bio/chem argument. That'll silence those crazy gun nuts who are standing in the way of progress.

Repeat over and over and over again.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    The best part is she actually went out and corrected herself.

By saying that she was talking about clips, not magazines, because duh magazines can be reloaded. Clips on the other hand are disposed of after using them.

That was what prompted the :facepalm: from me. The correction made it worse.

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    is there a YouTube video that shows how to load a 30 round mag? I have lots of mags that I have shot all the bullets out of and I'm glad I kept them now......:):

I think the Feds removed all the videos in advance of the ban. You might have to have a class III license to reload them, not sure IANAL. Call the BATFE to check on that.

Top Bottom