Not open for further replies.

10ring

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Classified
    Malware

I'm sure you guys already know this, but if not there are a lot of pages throwing Chrome malware warnings this AM...

Danger: Malware Ahead!
    Google Chrome has blocked access to this page on ingunowners.com.
    Content from cm.netseer.com, a known malware distributor, has been inserted into this web page. Visiting this page now is very likely to infect your Mac with malware.
    Malware is malicious software that causes things like identity theft, financial loss, and permanent file deletion. Learn more

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    What is the current listing status for netseer.com?
    Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

What happened when Google visited this site?
    Of the 1 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 0 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2013-01-31, and suspicious content was never found on this site within the past 90 days.
    This site was hosted on 5 network(s) including AS14618 (AMAZON), AS31988 (ARISTEIA), AS16509 (AMAZON).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
    Over the past 90 days, netseer.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?
    No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?
    In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:
    Return to the previous page.
    If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Site: cm.netseer.com.

Most likely a new random banner link from that site. If your advertising is cheap, sometimes they'll "purchase" an ad to take advantage of your high traffic.

Or, netseer being the careless company they are, didn't screen what they're serving up to you.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Site: cm.netsteer.com.

Most likely a new random banner link from that site. If your advertising is cheap, sometimes they'll "purchase" an ad to take advantage of your high traffic.

Or, netsteer being the careless company they are, didn't screen what they're serving up to you.

I just don't like getting this stuff...my computer is slow enough.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    INGO has no malware. It's slightly possible that one of the rotating banner ads includes some code that is throwing a false positive, but it's much more likely that your computer is infected with something. However, in order to determine that, you need to provide much more detailed information. Preferably a URL and/or a screen shot of the page being displayed when you got the alert.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    INGO has no malware. It's slightly possible that one of the rotating banner ads includes some code that is throwing a false positive, but it's much more likely that your computer is infected with something. However, in order to determine that, you need to provide much more detailed information. Preferably a URL and/or a screen shot of the page being displayed when you got the alert.

I will do that.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    If you read the notice, it's not saying your computer is infected. It says that cm.netseer.com is a know proliferator of spyware and is blocking the page because an object on the page is being served by cm.netseer.com.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    I cant get the screen shot to paste here and the URL is this website....do you know how to do that? I am using Chrome. I tried Internet explorer and the malware warning did not popup this time.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    m90e3l.jpg

11j4tpt.jpg

5tri2h.jpg

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I actually meant a screen shot of the INGO page that generated the flag, not the flag itself. They'll need to see whatever banner ad or embedded photo or whatever is causing it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom