• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    You could use force and win the battle ... but they'd win the war. Where would a parent take their ill child... on the run? They parents would never be able to work if they went on the run. Eventually, the kids would be back in state custody and the parents would be in jail.
    They've got to do what's being done now. Try to win in the court of public opinion, keep it in the spotlight.
    It's amazing to me, that in a country that will let you abort a child almost at will, and seemingly, wants our elders to just lay down and die, the authorities will take it upon themselves to "save" a child from a parent's decisions. It's not about the life of the child anyway, it's about bureaucrats flexing their muscle and justifying their exitence.

Because of a gag order issued by the judge on Nov. 7, the Pelletiers can’t discuss the case anymore,........

Kind of difficult to even wage a war with public opinion when the judge orders you to keep your mouth shut.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    That's why we must do so. I just posted a link on my FB page asking my friends & family to do the same. This need's more media attention.

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    Because of a gag order issued by the judge on Nov. 7, the Pelletiers can’t discuss the case anymore,........

Kind of difficult to even wage a war with public opinion when the judge orders you to keep your mouth shut.

To hell with some court jesters illegal order to not make any public comment. I would continue to spread the word far and wide.

Gunner

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    You could use force and win the battle ... but they'd win the war. Where would a parent take their ill child... on the run? They parents would never be able to work if they went on the run. Eventually, the kids would be back in state custody and the parents would be in jail.
    They've got to do what's being done now. Try to win in the court of public opinion, keep it in the spotlight.
    It's amazing to me, that in a country that will let you abort a child almost at will, and seemingly, wants our elders to just lay down and die, the authorities will take it upon themselves to "save" a child from a parent's decisions. It's not about the life of the child anyway, it's about bureaucrats flexing their muscle and justifying their exitence.

One would need to be extremely wise...appeal to public opinion, have a support group in place..

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

It still looks like they are farting around, although it may(?) be moving in a positive direction.

Judge orders independent look at Justina Pelletier?s medical controversy - News - West Hartford News

I find an interesting analogy between this case and the way our government works. Many people complain that "we can't get things done" and the Europeans look at us as foolish or inefficient with our constant bickering and inability to quickly come to a consensus. My friends, our founding fathers DESIGNED us that way! They designed a system that would work slowly, deliberately and methodically to avoid any power grabs or foolish knee-jerk reactions. We have a President, but he has to face the people every four (4) years for a job review and in the 20th century was limited to two (2) terms.

We don't have one (1) legislative body but two (2). These are by design meant to struggle with each other so that no single viewpoint would drown out the minority. The minority doesn't always win but it can put up a hell of a fight, and if nothing else delay and ameliorate any bad legislation.

Finally, we have a court system that can take everything the executive and the legislative has done and say "look at it again. It doesn't jive with the Constitution."

The point of all of my rambling is the importance and need for checks and balances. Are there parents who should have their children taken away? Sure. Are there parents who do lousy jobs but shouldn't have their children taken away? Sure. Are there some people with mental illness that are a danger to themselves or others that should be treated against their will? Possibly.

But in all of that there MUST MUST MUST be a check and balance! To give any single body absolute control without an objective and counterbalanced power on the other side that can review and limit such power is counterproductive to living in a free society.

I don't mind defending the defenseless. The idea of sticking up for those who cannot stick up for themselves is a noble and just calling. However, we cannot allow our quest for helping others become the oppression of those we hope to help.

I hope for this girl and her family that the new "independent investigator" has the clarity to do what is best for Justina while respecting her rights and freedoms guaranteed protected in our Constitution!

Regards,

Doug

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Either the constitution has authorized such a government as we have had or has been powerless to stop it ...
    So much for checks and balances

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    It seems to me, that in the past couple of years there have been several instances, in which injustice may have prevailed...had it not been for some citizen taking video with a phone, or gaining public attention,by using social media.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Nahh... I am gonna wait on you internet commandos to do that for me. Getting the TRUTH would probably be impossible without being there and seeing medical records ect.

What do you think the medical records should show in order to justify confiscating the child indefinitely without charges against the parents?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    That's just how Child Protective Services works. Parents are rarely charged with an actual crime when their children are seized... meaning they are innocent by default, until proven otherwise. But due process doesn't matter to the professional kidnapping agency. They get paid by the head. The more children they displace, the more rewards the states receive from the Feds. All it takes is a rumor, or a egomaniac doctor who thinks his medicine should be mandatory.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The Pelletier family is still suffering ONE FULL YEAR after their daughter was seized from them because they disagreed with a doctor's diagnosis. Their visitation has been reduced to one 20-minute phone call and one 1-hour visit per week. They say their daughter has been punished with torturous "behavior modification" by her captors when she tried to write her parents secret notes.

"I need to save my daughter. If we don’t do something, she is going to die," said her father, emotionally and financially drained; desperate and short on remaining legal options.

Parents lose custody of teen after seeking 2nd medical opinion; girl indefinitely detained in psych ward

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I still cannot believe this story has not gotten more traction in any other media

For one reason, the parents have had a court ordered gag-order placed upon them. Legally, they've been deprived of their rights to speak out against the parties doing this to them.

Top Bottom